adelaide jumping crocs pontoon

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
sanigav
Gold Member
Gold Member

adelaide jumping crocs pontoon

Post by sanigav »

How mad does old mate get if you utilise the jumping crocs pontoon to board your private vessel? I am an experienced fisho but have some folks visiting from down south and one of them is inevitably going to need to park the car while i slide off the trailer. I know there is a ghetto looking jetty but have never used. Any advice?

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: adelaide jumping crocs pontoon

Post by nomad »

The jumping croc people get extremely angry if you even try to use their pontoon. It is theirs and they have every right to stop others.
I had a mechanical failure a while back and I should have just tied up but the woman panicked when I tried to tie up. Should have ignored her because it was an emergency.
Kai from Goat is has one upstream and he might let you use it if you call him first

The best way is to get everyone onboard first, launch the boat and then wait in the river until the trailer driver returns. Just head back into the boat ramp and they can just step on - its really easy and no one gets the s...ts
BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraMick »

second that, they don't like anyone using it.

if the tide is high just collect from the ramp easy as.
if not go use the Kias one its a bit dodgy looking but has handrails and is easy as to use as well.
sanigav
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sanigav »

I've got a 6.5mt boat, so a bit tough to board without a pontoon. we're heading to kai's place though, so it sounds like his jetty will be the best option
gurumuka
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gurumuka »

The guy is an absolute tool! Had a situation late last year where I had my wife and son on the boat and neither had ever driven the thing nor had then reversed the trailer. I pulled up along side the pontoon to jump out and get the car, back it down and jump back in the boat to drive it up onto the trailer. Old mate came down and absolutely lost it, wouldn't listen to my reasoning and refused to help under a barrage of obscenities.
Wife ended up driving the boat for the first time and even drove it onto the trailer (absolutely nailed it first time). Once we were out I went over and offered the silly old tool $50 for the inconvenience and he once again abused me.
Now I get it, it is a private mooring and such but he didn't need to carry on like a complete wanker!