Mac attack

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
2 brothers fishing
Seadog
Seadog

Mac attack

Post by 2 brothers fishing »

After not having a sounder or gps on my boat for a few years i decided to buy a cheapie so i can at least know where im fishing and not wing it so much. Plan was to head out to lee point and chase a few macks and maybe a good goldie or 2. Launched from buff at 6am saturday morning and headed straight out to the bottle washer, and started burleying up with cubes of pillies. Hooked my first mack around 8am fishing on the bottom for reefies but gave it an early release next to the boat as it jumped and bit through my leader. was a bit quiet for a while but i knew if kept the cubes going something will turn up i had a 30cm spotted mack out under a ballon and could see 2 big shadows behind it but ended up big a couple big sharks but managed to get my rig back before they took the bait. Around 10Am my rod screams off and just thought it was one of those sharks but after i started winning on it i knew it was a mack. once i got it to the boat was the task of landing it with no net or gaff and fishing solo i grabbed the leader and reached in and grabbed the tail.. Had a mate out in another boat and he jumped in to get a photo. About half an hour later my other rod screems off this time it was on a litte 3000 spin reel after a good fight i landed another around 110cm and a quick release and i headed for home.. Had a mate who was keen for an overnighter on the jews so launched again from buff at 4pm and headed to some other marks out at lee point was pretty quiet with us getting harrased by moon fish at every spot but did manage a nice 65cm goldie and a small 80cm jew.
13669790_10210265846988495_6077249610681876226_n (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Mac attack

Post by craig.g »

Well done and thanks for the report

cheers Craig
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Good stuff mate. Sounds like a great day
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

well done 8)
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

nice work!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

I smell grilled fish with lemon pepper and olive oil ...
steve29
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steve29 »

Nice fish mate
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Great weekend!