Boat ramps

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Scott12345
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boat ramps

Post by Scott12345 »

Opinions on night cliff and buff creek ramps? Not to keen on bottoming out on something thats hiding under water

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Boat ramps

Post by mickkk »

Not real keen on nightcliffe, at high there's no where to tie ya boat up, or beach it. Ok if you got someone with you that reverses ya trailer.
At lower tides you are just launching off sand.

I like buff, good lock up compound, just gotta know ya tides, work out your windows when to launch and retrieve. Mid tide the water rushes pretty hard, can make it a little interesting to launch. When it's like this it's best to turn your trailer away from the current a bit.
Lots of stops to pull up and tie up to a tree
BJOBrien
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BJOBrien »

Gday mate. I use Nightcliff ramp a bit, in a 4.5m tinny. As mentioned it can be a pr..k on your own. When heading out, keep to the right, give the rocks/reef on the left a wide berth. I use the Navionics app on my phone, there is a tide marker at the Nightcliff ramp, I use the height graph and have never had a problem from launching from 3.1m and up. Using the same tide chart, buff creek is no dramas from 4-4.2m and up, haven't tried any lower, and wouldn't on a dropping tide for either ramp.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Nightcliff can be a bitch too when there is some swell up. I understand the carpark gets locked at night too, so you need to be out by 9pm or something. Otherwise it's convenient..... I need almost 4 metres myself to get in and out with a plate boat.
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

jabsy wrote:Nightcliff .......... I understand the carpark gets locked at night too, so you need to be out by 9pm or something.
Pretty sure the chain goes up @ 11pm - off again @ 4am (if the security dude is on time :banghead: :evil: )
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

slug wrote: Pretty sure the chain goes up @ 11pm - off again @ 4am (if the security dude is on time :banghead: :evil: )
Might bring the skeleton key then, just in case....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.