Good news for fishos - Darwin 'losing people'

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Good news for fishos - Darwin 'losing people'

Post by Matt Flynn »

Bad news for real estate agents, but great news for fishos ... http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... 2628e1b562

One of the things that attracted me to Tasmania was the low growth, too many places wrecked by "progress" ... more rubbish, more humbug, queues ...

I love this bit ...

Of those who moved to the Territory, some came under a Federal Government scheme which pays dole recipients up to $6000 to relocate for a job.

WTF! Paying people to relocate interstate for jobs! Why is it the government's role to do this?

They should just buy a cheap van and drive to the NT and sleep in the van like I did :D

That is $6k that could go towards hospitals, education etc.

World has gone stupid :P

west head gummies
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Good news for fishos - Darwin 'losing people'

Post by west head gummies »

so would it be a bad move for a fifty something to relocate to Katherine for a retirement fishing plan considering the exodus ive recently bought some land and would like to build soon . I know the distance to great fishing /camping spots are great but also worth the drive .my aim is to do weekly trips then return to charge the batteries and think about the next one. so any advice from the gummy shark king at western entrance to western port bay Victoria aka westheadgummies