Using navionics app on iPad.

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Jackomurphy

Using navionics app on iPad.

Post by Jackomurphy »

G'day fishos
I've just found out the luxury of using navionics, searching land structure in maps and plotting marks to fish. It's so easy but now I need to use it out in the boat.
Anyone that uses this how do you use the iPad out on the water with no reception?
Is there a way to convert the marks to my sounder (hummingbird 897ci)?
Or is there a way to save maps to view later while out of reception

Any help or input would be great.
Cheers

rosco84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Using navionics app on iPad.

Post by rosco84 »

Menu..... Download maps.... Select areas you want to use with no reception ... Then put on aeroplane mode and check it out.... You may need to zoom in to where you want to get good view
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Jackomurphy wrote:Or is there a way to save maps to view later while out of reception

Any help or input would be great.
Cheers
Just buy the card. Long term it'll be cheaper than replacing your saltwater damaged ipad, even with the otterbox.

You see them come up second hand for around the 150 mark if you can't afford the $320 for a new one.
Jackomurphy

Post by Jackomurphy »

Ive tried to download the map area like you said rosco. It starts to download then fails saying there are no additional maps for this area.
Could that be because im using the trial version not the $85 version?

Thats a good point jabsy. Do you know if its possible to sync the marks i found from the navionics app onto the navionics card?

Thanks for the help lads
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Jackomurphy wrote:Do you know if its possible to sync the marks i found from the navionics app onto the navionics card?
I've never messed around creating marks on the navionics app. Can you export them or save them any way? If so, then yes, you can convert them for your humminbird. Dont mess around with HumminbirdPC, its a load of shite. Download garmin Homeport and GPSBabel, yoiu can then see them on a base map, rename them, edit them or whatever. Then just export them from Homeport and convert them in GPSBabel, save them to an SD Card (not your navionics card) and import them into your sounder.

You can do the same (export from the sounder) to mess with your existing stuff too.