2015 Goose Season

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

2015 Goose Season

Post by pagey »

just wondering if anyone has heard any tentitive dates for season opening this year yet. I heard around the 20th of this month the other day but havent been able to confirm or dismiss it yet

a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 2015 Goose Season

Post by shaggs »

I dont think the mob organising it could run a p..s up in a brewery Pagey
Anyone around the country who wanted to organize their hollidays to come goose shooting has not got a hope in hell of doing so with the way they run this show
Numbers should have been counted on birds a month and a half ago and even if they're down they should have been able to give a start date and bag limit back then
I hope they give a true account of why they have not said anything
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
maaaario10
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by maaaario10 »

Still no word about opening day on the Parks & Wildlife website, anyone know when it is going to be announced? :hunting:

Keen to be out dropping honkers again!
11993930_10153132889317616_1790842198_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Damian B
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Damian B »

Just got of the phone to Parks and Wildlife, no set date however most likely the last week of this month I was told. Can't even apply for a permit through them until date is confirmed!
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

I see the countrymen have been out blasting a few already
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Called them last week about this, hoping to get an answer soon
Kadango
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kadango »

Media Release
Willem Westra van Holthe
Deputy Chief Minister of the Northern Territory, Minister for Land Resource Management
Bess Price
Minister for Parks and Wildlife
Declaration of Waterfowl Hunting Season
8 September 2015
The Northern Territory Government today announced the 2015 Waterfowl Hunting Season will open at 6:15am on Wednesday 23rd September, for a period of almost 15 weeks.
Minister for Land Resource Management Willem Westra van Holthe said the government has used contemporary science to inform its decision making around the declaration.
“It’s vital we balance the desires of the hunting community with the long term sustainability of Magpie Geese populations,” Minister Westra van Holthe said.
“Daily bag limits for Ducks will remain at 10 per person, while the quota for Magpie Geese will reduce slightly from 10 to seven per day; this is due to the reduced number of waterfowl nesting the past two wet seasons.
“Following discussions with NT Field and Game, we have opened the season to Sunday 3rd January 2016 - a decision which will allow Territorians to hunt during the Christmas-New Year period when many have time off work.
“The Northern Territory Government has been working closely with stakeholders and I am confident we have struck the right balance this hunting season,” Minister Westra van Holthe said.
The Country Liberals Government has also fulfilled its commitment to reduce red tape and make life easier for the 2,000 people who usually obtain a Waterfowl Hunting Permit each year.
Minister for Parks and Wildlife Bess Price today announced major reform to the permit system which will benefit Territory, interstate and international hunters.
“Hunters can now obtain a five year permit for $80 rather than the previous option of $20 for a one year permit, saving them money and time,” Minister Price said.
“Anyone wishing to take part in the season must have a permit and they can be lodged by hand at the Parks and Wildlife Commission in the NT office, by post or via email.
“A lot of my friends growing up were Hunters and I remind everyone to act safely and responsibly at all times while enjoying their hunting season.
“It is also important to note Lambells Lagoon Conservation Reserve and Howard Springs Hunting Reserve will close at 7:30pm on the 23rd of December,” Minister Price said.
NT Field and Game spokesperson Bart Irwin welcomed the announcements of reduced red tape and an extension of the season into the New Year.
“I’m extremely pleased to see the Northern Territory Government has taken on board our recommendation to extend the season. The decision is going to have a positive impact on many hunters,” Mr Irwin said.
“NT Field and Game acknowledges the reduction in the bag limit of Magpie Geese on the back of the reduced wet season and we look forward to revisiting the limit ahead of the next season.”
For more information go to: www.nt.gov.au/waterfowl
Media Contact:
Casie Scott- 0432 453 225
Adrian Renzi- 0419 609 430

Subscribe | Unsubscribe or manage your subscription
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any use, disclosure or copying of the message or any attachments is unauthorised. No representation is given that attached files are free from viruses or other defects. Scanning for viruses is recommended.

Note: Do not reply to this message. This email message has been sent from an unmonitored email address. We are unable to respond to any replies sent to this email address.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.