Warning – check your insurance policy today.

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Warning – check your insurance policy today.

Post by nomad »

Those using TIO should check their policy wording asap. I recently went with them for my new boat but their wording stated that they only cover to a max of 40 kms from the mainland. If you go to the tiwis etc, YOU ARE NOT COVERED. :evil:

I had them change the exclusions to include 200kms from the mainland but when I went to insure my other boat, they said that the wording they included in the 1st policy doesn’t cover me. typical insurance wording
Yes they are cheaper than club marine but they don’t cover the same things. Im pulling the pin with tio NOW and going with CM today.
Check your policies - you have been warned.

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Warning – check your insurance policy today.

Post by scottmac »

Never heard a bad word about CM. that's why I went with them. I've still got my house and cars with TIO, but that's more from laziness than anything. I don't trust them now that the Government sold them down the gurgler.
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

guys Check out GIO - they are cheaper and have better coverage. I had my boat written off last year - they paid out with out a fuss.

jon
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

While we're here, what's the best car insurance? I'm thinking of changing to someone who insures for agreed value. TIO only does market value.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

scottmac wrote:Never heard a bad word about CM. that's why I went with them. I've still got my house and cars with TIO, but that's more from laziness than anything. I don't trust them now that the Government sold them down the gurgler.
Ive heard very disturbing reports about two major marine insurers, thats why i looked around.
TIO are owned by Allianz (but aren't underwritten by them- figure that one out) and CM are underwritten by Allianz
Always be very careful with insurance companies - thats why they have an ombudsman dedicated just to them.
read your pds before you take out any insurance. noone can say which is best for you except for you.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

When I had my accident a couple of years ago TIO paid out with no fuss. Getting the work done took a little too long but that was more a reflection of the trades than the insurance company (although they could have pushed the turn around from their end a bit harder).
Makrel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Makrel »

I have recently done the ring around and Club Marine were by far the best for me - cheapest also.

TIO were not in the race price wise and both TIO and GIO did not have the inclusions Club Marine had.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

ime with CGU,new motor insured for what i paid and accidental damage which is peace of mind.
Will look around at others,was just to make sure i was covered.
Edo
tugger1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tugger1 »

I've been with cgu for years
Cover is to the EEZ, 200Nm, all inland waters & transport on land
Accessories, fishing gear by agreement
1 claim, no dramas
Till
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Till »

I use nautilus been good so far. And covered for 200nm