charter business

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: charter business

Post by Hemi »

I wouldn't waste my money in a million years on a charter business !!

"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBase »

yes hemi each to there own ,but for me its been a great life ,the poop i have seen and where it taken me ,places people on here will never see ever, i look back on photos and think wow how did we get there ,, think i will keep guiding till death do us part,,
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
Obsession Fishing
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Obsession Fishing »

I'm with you Geoff, each to there own, but over the past 18 years, I have fished some of the places that some of the guys on this Forum would only dream off, Great Barrier Reef, Cape York, Groote Island, Wessell Islands, Arnham land, Bathurst and Melville, Port Keats and the Kimberly and best of all I've been paid to do it, the best 18 years of my life! But like all adventures one finishes and the next one will begin, and for me that adventure starts in NZ.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

BarraBase wrote:
Lats wrote:There are a few charter skippers who I consider a gentleman on the water. Always throwing a smile and a wave. And Justin, you are one of them.

There are also dead set a few bad apples. I chatted to one (no names) a lot over social media and introduced myself one day at the Dundee ramp. bl..dy spoke to me as if I stole his last piece of vegemite toast

Oh, is big Trev putting out 'expressions of interest' for the spare seat in the Nats/Classic? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like my vegemite toast and the last bit is the best.
see trev put on FB that he has pulled the pin and on his last few charters and boat for sale.
To all the guys moving on to new part of your lives all the best, you have great bunch of guides to work around and proud to call some of you mates :drinking3: :drinking3:

Never ever had a problem with anyone from your business. Yourself and Jason always threw me a wave up the Finniss :mrgreen:
Obsession Fishing
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Obsession Fishing »

I always thought Geoff had to much Vegemite on his toast! But after watching the news recently I now know why he bought so much of the stuff :cheers:
As for a seat in the Nats Lats there might be one going after my performance this year :drinking2:
We haven't fished the Classic for a couple of years.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Obsession Fishing wrote:I'm with you Geoff, each to there own, but over the past 18 years, I have fished some of the places that some of the guys on this Forum would only dream off, Great Barrier Reef, Cape York, Groote Island, Wessell Islands, Arnham land, Bathurst and Melville, Port Keats and the Kimberly and best of all I've been paid to do it, the best 18 years of my life! But like all adventures one finishes and the next one will begin, and for me that adventure starts in NZ.

:clap: and all of them were tax deductions :lol: . Thats the best part