115 yamaha

Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

115 yamaha

Post by Mitcho »

Have recently purchased a second hand 115 yamaha 4stroke and am having trouble with vibration when just clicked into gear (very loud vibration ) at its worst at troll speed 4-8 kph which really sucks , I'm very happy with the performance and power of the motor apart from this vibration which is VERY noisy and frustrating . Has any one else had this problem ? I'm told its normal for a 115 it's just motor noise , but I've had big outboards before and also mates have too and it defiantly doesn't sound normal any info would be great. The seller says it has something to do with the coupling sleeve in the leg which all 115 's do the same around 100 hrs ? But that just doesn't sound right .

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 115 yamaha

Post by jeffish »

I run the same motor and have not had this problem (700hrs).
If anything it's too quiet and I sometimes try to start it when it running.

Silly question but you have checked all mount bolts are tight ,
might also need a backing board fitted between the motor &
trans ,

Prop sharft and prop OK ? not bent ?
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBase »

start at the prop ,change it and see how it is then
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mitcho »

Hey Jeffish yeah have had it back to the shop they have checked and tightened everything, said it was fixed but it even sounds louder than ever now . Is booked back in there tomorrow for another look , which I hope they fix because it is a lot of money for something that Is so annoying that I will want my money back and I will buy a Suzuki ! Haven't tried a different prop barrabase but will recommend that to them tomorrow cheers
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Most yammie 4 strokes I know have a noisey crunch when put into gear but then the motor accurate edits very really quite.
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Balou, just upgraded my 60 to an 80 Yamaha and did the swap over myself. I had issues with the throttle cable being slightly out of whack (technical term :D ) and the motor wasn't engaging properly in low revs, and thus causing a loud grinding sound. Sound went at higher revs, just like yours. I ended up adjusting the throttle cables (forward and reverse) under the cowling and now she is sweeeet!

Sounds like the same problem with yours. PM me and I can send you some pics of what I adjusted. Pretty easy, even for a backyard blunder like me. :|

Might save you some $$$. :D
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

cr.p, just viewed the posts again... I meant my last to be directed to Mitcho.
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mitcho »

Thanx once bitten it's headed back to the shop today I will tell them about the throttle cable get them to check that as well hopefully all is good and they can fix the problem..
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

So any news from today Mitcho, hope they solved it.
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mitcho »

Haven't heard anything yet jeffish . Should here today , I was talking to a mate he had the same problem then his gearbox blew up :?
Jace74
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Jace74 »

Thinking about upgrading myself to the 115, only have a 75hp atm.
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mitcho »

So picked the boat up Friday had the sleeve in the gearbox replaced and some bushers and washers or something , took it strait out for a spin ... Was fine for about 10 m then bang the noise was back :evil: which was a massive disappointment. Ran fine after that while I was clicking it in and outa gear for a about an hour didn't do it again at all :) no noise no vibration running smooth and normal which made me feel great .. Until I headed back into the ramp and then it done it again :? Sooo don't know if it's fixed or not .. Over all it is much better than when I took it in , will try an ally prop which hopefully will eliminate the problem altogether.
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mitcho »

Yeah jace74 I would highly recommend going for more power I went from a 90 to a 115 and am VERY happy with the upgrade , more power , top end spend , use less fuel , well worth it ( try test the motor before u buy is my only tip ) :)
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

was that the one from InO marine Mitcho?
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mitcho »

Yeah edo it was