Extra fuel tank behind the cast deck???

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Extra fuel tank behind the cast deck???

Post by barnzy »

Hi all, I'm currently getting my boat refitted out with a new cast deck and console. I was just curious what everyone's opinions are on putting a second fuel tank in behind the cast deck as a step for the deck. My worry is that it will put to much weight up the nose of the boat. The boat is a 6.1 bar crusher. Any info or experience would be appreciated.

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Extra fuel tank behind the cast deck???

Post by balou »

My mate has massive casting deck and a extra 100l fuel just behind the deck in his 5.4 m platey. Fully loaded with esky, fuel , camping gear, beers its the boat is really bow heavy. No matter how he trims it the bow sits really low making the ride really bad and wet. He always uses the front tank first and try to smash thru the beers early on the trip. Totally different boat and ride when the weight reduce down the front.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

Yer that's what I was thinking, and especially with the bar crushers having a really steep dead rise they are really trim dependant........ Back to the drawing board I think
rumluck
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rumluck »

Measure out the tank you want and apply the same weight in water in jerrys and take it for a spin in a bit of chop. Some boats respond well to extra weight up front.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

yer, as above, test it out and see how it handles with the set up you have. Position all gear as if you were gonna do a big trip fully loaded.