Jew in Darwin harbour

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
ARGONAUT
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Jew in Darwin harbour

Post by ARGONAUT »

Here im showing off my Fish from the other night on one of the wrecks in the harbour 1 Jew and few Goldies ...... hahahahaha its one of the wrecks in the fish finder book. now you cant say we didn't help ya lol.........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Failing to Plan, Is Planning to Fail......
navenoxid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by navenoxid »

Co-ords?
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Jokes wrote:cheers edo, im thinking this forum is only about people showing off no one really helps with good info they just lead you to the same usual spots over fished by everyone, im a serious fisho trying to learn the territory looks like ill have to keep doing the hard yards and work it out over a few years
So you're telling me if you found a dynamite spot in Newcastle that produced consistently you would tell everyone about it? Get of the gas bud. Do your homework, learn what they look like on your sounder and go from there.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Jewies are easy to find. They are always on the same spot. I will sell you all my marks for $25,000 dollars

1897 marks within the NT area. Guaranteed to catch ruby/flame snapper, dog tooth tuna, sailfish and BLACKS, mackeral, Trevally, trout, Barra, crabs, blue bone, saddletail, cod you name it.

For your reference. This is what a school of fish look like. Now I have caught 2 goldies from this school along with small cod and trout. You just have to get past the 100's of jewies as they are bl..dy quick. Or fast wind abd get the mack's and Trevally above them. You can only ever fish this mark for 10 minutes otherwise you go over your bag limit on the dam jewies. They are pests sometimes.

I'll give you a hint for this mark. It's between 6-12km from 6mile bouy. It's a small lump which as you go over it the fish appear. The lump is about 3-5ft high with rubble on the back side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Anon on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweaty
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sweaty »

I know exactly where that spot is Brendan, never used to be on any of the old maps but should be starting to pop us soon.. I've actually dived it to be honest.
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Nice what is the lump sweaty
Lost a few sinkers there and seems if they hit the bottom the sinkers are gone

Hence just gone to gulps and soft plastics now
Lumborghini
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Lumborghini »

cuddlescooper wrote:Jewies are shitt fish any way.
Yep agreed, if I start pullin up jewies, I move
Lumbo,

If i'm too drunk to walk I'll rock the party on crutches...
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Great mark and fishing Brendan 8) . I wouldnt tell anyone about it if I knew where it was either
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Its an old yacht.
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Cheers Cuddles. I have down and side scanned it but still could not work it out. Seems about 8-9m long and must be pretty broken up now
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Well I'm not a good enough fisho to knock back catching Jewies every drop! Looks like I'll have to do expanding loops of the Six Mile Bouy until I come across it. Might take a while! :bonk:
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

There will be you, me and a fleet of FFF boats out there next weekend. Save yourself some effort and just look for the one letting out the yahoos.
Deadly a salt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Deadly a salt »

I went for a look chasing Jews this morning for something different. The tide just started to slow and we were getting a few small snapper and cod when another boat came over and tried anchoring 5m away.
After 4 attempts of launching his anchor into the water id had enough and headed home.
I did like his big FFF sticker on the front of his boat though.
I don't mind fishing a bit close on a bit of structure but I wasn't a fan of the amount of noise and chain rattle Going on.
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

Jokes wrote:cheers edo, im thinking this forum is only about people showing off no one really helps with good info they just lead you to the same usual spots over fished by everyone, im a serious fisho trying to learn the territory looks like ill have to keep doing the hard yards and work it out over a few years
Jokes, Don’t take it personally mate, a few people up here were burnt when a certain well known national fisho identity relocated up here and then decided it was a good idea to just let everyone who would listen know about peoples spots and tricks like they were his own, etc. It would be no different up here than anywhere else – people just _expect_ that it is easy to fish up here… And lets face it, it really is.. but what is tricky (and what you’re finding) is that it isn’t that easy to consistently target certain species, like the cockroach of the sea, Jewies.

There are plenty of networks outside of this site too for information. Feel free to come along to a Darwin Game Fishing Club monthly catch-up if that’s your thing – first Tuesday of Every month down at the Darwin Trailer Boat Club. Plenty of people down there that consistently catch good fish and are more than happy to share their information if you spend the time to have a chat to them.

Cuddles – I reckon I remember seeing the image from the survey if it is the same yacht I am thinking of. Worst secret in the history of secrets that one. :lol:
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Different one I think Nath. The one that got published was a trawler and it has been pasted to death already. Only took 6 months for it to be another grave yard of the sea with no life on it! There is still the odd semi secret spots out there! Just takes a lot of looking to find them.