A Mega Spaniard

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Seastorm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: A Mega Spaniard

Post by Seastorm »

cuddlescooper wrote:
Brendan wrote:Wow. .. Cracker fish.
I would have thought with a mackeral that big that Ciguatera would have been a worry?

Or is it fine up here?
Be very unlucky to get ciguatera in Northern waters. Gove has a had one or two cases but very few.
On that note Pete would you eat a 5kg Red Bass from Marie Shoal, out of curiosity?

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Seastorm wrote:
cuddlescooper wrote:
Brendan wrote:Wow. .. Cracker fish.
I would have thought with a mackeral that big that Ciguatera would have been a worry?

Or is it fine up here?
Be very unlucky to get ciguatera in Northern waters. Gove has a had one or two cases but very few.
On that note Pete would you eat a 5kg Red Bass from Marie Shoal, out of curiosity?
Hmmm, probably not.... but I would still eat the mackerel! Tons of big mac's are sold at market every day of the year and a fair percentage are from places like the gulf and other areas towards the QLD boarder ect where large coral reefs are found. If it was that higher risk it wouldn't be marketable. In saying that the Japansies eat Fugu (spelling) so perhaps the deadlier the better :P

I do know of plenty of people who have eatin chinaman but never heard of any one eating Red Bass in the NT. I'm pretty sure they are common food in some of the Pacific Islands Ect..... How much of what is said about the Red Bass and Ciguatera being truthful I don't know.
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Good info.... Now to get a break in this weather and head out chasing big mack's....
Carlos01
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Carlos01 »

Great fish
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

Cracker, what a monster !!