Buff creek $$$

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Buff creek $$$

Post by mickkk »

"Buffalo Creek boat ramp area will receive $790,000 to ensure it is safer and more secure for recreational fishermen.
This funding is part of the $10.68 million to rejuvenate and revive the Casuarina Coastal Reserve.
Today I met with AFANT’s Executive Officer, Tristan Sloan, and District Ranger, Nigel Weston, to announce the upgrades which will include the expansion of the free parking space, CCTV and beach protection.
We have also listened to concerns about the protection of the migratory shorebirds and will be constructing a rock wall beside the boat ramp to stop vehicles being driven onto the beach ensuring the protection of visitors and wildlife.
Read more:http://newsroom.nt.gov.au/mediaRelease/10931"

I can't really work this one out Tristan. Buff creek boat ramp is one of the ramps I feel most confident leaving my truck as I use the compound. What is happening with the Elizabeth or dyna beech or just about every other ramp close to darwin.

tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Buff creek $$$

Post by tristan.sloan »

Thanks the inquiry Mick. I understand Elizabeth River has just had CCTV installed. I certainty agree about Dinah Beach though it is on our radar.

Buffalo creek was simply fortunate enough to receive the upgrades as part of the casuarina coastal reserve funding. There is currently no trailer parking outside the compound so it is needed for the fishermen who don't use the service.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

One of the major problems is who actually has ownership over the ramp and this varies from ramp to ramp as well. Here is a boat ramp review, a 2009 publically available document from the department of transport to give you an idea of some of the headaches.

http://www.transport.nt.gov.au/__data/a ... ay2009.pdf
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

A wash-down bay at each ramp would be good too while we're at it.....!

Many southern ramps have brilliant setups. Seeing that we never have water restrictions, bring it on.
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

The councils where I lived cut off the water to every ramp washdown because thr residents complained about the noise from the engines at flush out. Cant really blame them though. Pay big bucks for a warwater front place only to have endless engines flushing all day and night
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

And most of those places down south that have wash-down bays also have fishing licenses and boat rego to pay for these privileges. I'd like them too but at what cost?? I've got a pretty good hose at my place, and I'd prefer to do it there than pay the fees.
Chris
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

nomad wrote:The councils where I lived cut off the water to every ramp washdown because thr residents complained about the noise from the engines at flush out. Cant really blame them though. Pay big bucks for a warwater front place only to have endless engines flushing all day and night

Well not many ramps would have that problem here now would they???
Just dont put one at sadgroves. The rest will be fine :)
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

hope Buff gets a wash down, be good to hose all POO off
016.JPG
017.JPG
019.JPG

It would be nice if the could do something about the Poo being pumped in there.