Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Hi Guys,
New here and want to get out and about and enjoy some fishing with my 3 boys.I dragged my 5.6m quintrex from central QLD.Just joined the forum and want to pick your brains for advice etc to make my time up here memorable.
Cheers
edo :catch:

Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Newbie

Post by Hemi »

Welcome mate...

Have fun getting out there amongst it...!!
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

cheers mate
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Gday Edo
Welcome mate , lots of good info on here . A lot of stuff can be
found using search , get yourself the FFF book its a big help ,

cheers
jeff
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

2nd what Jeffish said about the FFF book. Plus there are a few good mags with very helpful stories in them from time to time, like Northern Australia Fishing Annual, BBB and North Australia Fishing Mag. Even Tales from the Tinny ABC Radio Saturday 5-7am 105.7 is a good source of information at times. At least you will get a laugh if nothing else. Good luck with the fishing. It takes a long time to figure this place out
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

thanks fellas, main objective is to get out on the water,have some fun and get a few muddies and catch a few barra,my boys only think there is one fish in the water up here and i want to make sure i can put them onto a barra.
So you dont need you boat registered here is that correct?, just your trailer? and does your trailer have to go over the pits each year for road worthy?, my boat and trailer are both 98 models, not sure if that makes a difference or not.And i can have a few beers on the water without being breatho'd, is this right?.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

oh....................what is this FFF book you guys are talking about?
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Book should be in most news agents and tackle stores. It's full of maps and info. Correct, no boat rego. Not sure about trailer inspections
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

got the book on the weekend,looking forward to getting out on the water now
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

Edo wrote:thanks fellas, main objective is to get out on the water,have some fun and get a few muddies and catch a few barra,my boys only think there is one fish in the water up here and i want to make sure i can put them onto a barra.
So you dont need you boat registered here is that correct?, just your trailer? and does your trailer have to go over the pits each year for road worthy?, my boat and trailer are both 98 models, not sure if that makes a difference or not.And i can have a few beers on the water without being breatho'd, is this right?.
No rego, no licence, no breatho on the water (for now). Trailer will be inspected when you change over to NT rego. Not sure on the frequency after that but as no one seem to know it must not be that often.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

thanks for the info Fish Tank,
ime used to having a .05 limit in place on the water coming from XXXXLAND so i wont be hittin the sauce to hard when ime out and about but it is good to know if i want to camp in my boat for the night that i can get stuck into a bottle of rum when ime anchored up some where safe and sound.
cheerz Edo
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Fish Tank wrote:
Edo wrote:thanks fellas, main objective is to get out on the water,have some fun and get a few muddies and catch a few barra,my boys only think there is one fish in the water up here and i want to make sure i can put them onto a barra.
No rego, no licence, no breatho on the water (for now). Trailer will be inspected when you change over to NT rego. Not sure on the frequency after that but as no one seem to know it must not be that often.
Welcome mate, re trailers.. pretty sure only braked trailers need regular inspections.
The rest as 'Fish tank' said.
The guys at MVR will fill you in. :mrgreen:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Thanks for the welcome olfart, is there a VMR i can join up here?
Was a member in Gladstone and wouldnt mind knowing there is some one not far away on radio if i come unstuck.
Edo
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

MVR = http://www.transport.nt.gov.au/mvr/mvr-contacts

the fishfinder book is called the bible and get it any tackle shop
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Thanks Nomad but i meant the VMR, the Voluntary Marine Rescue,does darwin have a branch?