Apsley Strait fun

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Fisherman-Rob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Apsley Strait fun

Post by Fisherman-Rob »

Hi Agent86, fantastic pictures and looks like a great time had by all :) Smiles all-round!

How do you get those cool colourful fishing tshirts, as everybody is wearing them in the pics? :) haha, is that a perquisite to catching Good fish :P haha, Aaaah thats why !? ohh the secrets you come across lol

Also looks like a big Crab Nipper grabbing the fish's mouth in pic #4. (albeit looks plastic:) haha

So are you the skipper of the fishing boat and possibly have a spare seat coming up? Groovy!
So how does it all work? What are the hours out on the boat? What do you need to bring along? fishing gear/lures/food/water etc or is it all supplied?
What days do you go out? is now a good time to go before the big rains come thru?
so how much is it for a good fellow fisherman like myself :) haha, mates rates!? :P hahaha
Any other info would be great!

Cheers and hopefully I don't need to photoshop myself holding those big fish ... and can live the dream !! :) LOL

Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Fisherman-Rob wrote:Hi Agent86, fantastic pictures and looks like a great time had by all :) Smiles all-round!

How do you get those cool colourful fishing tshirts, as everybody is wearing them in the pics? :) haha, is that a perquisite to catching Good fish :P haha, Aaaah thats why !? ohh the secrets you come across lol

Also looks like a big Crab Nipper grabbing the fish's mouth in pic #4. (albeit looks plastic:) haha

So are you the skipper of the fishing boat and possibly have a spare seat coming up? Groovy!
So how does it all work? What are the hours out on the boat? What do you need to bring along? fishing gear/lures/food/water etc or is it all supplied?
What days do you go out? is now a good time to go before the big rains come thru?
so how much is it for a good fellow fisherman like myself :) haha, mates rates!? :P hahaha
Any other info would be great!

Cheers and hopefully I don't need to photoshop myself holding those big fish ... and can live the dream !! :) LOL
Thanks for the reply Rob, unfortunately boat is full for the trip at hand, will surely be a few more early next year though with a new Vessel :D .

all the local fishing shops have the shirts, usually in a few patterns, some are from comps entered. Available online in many styles as well.

the plastic grips are great, lock on to the fishes jaw and hold them more firmly thn standard lip grips and don't damage the fish.

Usually when I go to the Perons we stay away a couple of nights to make it a worthwhile trip, and take it easy as well, sometimes you get worn out with the fishing down there... :)
usually go on a Friday and back on Sunday, depending on tides, weather and people going.

cheers

If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Fisherman-Rob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fisherman-Rob »

Agent86 wrote:
Thanks for the reply Rob, unfortunately boat is full for the trip at hand, will surely be a few more early next year though with a new Vessel :D .

all the local fishing shops have the shirts, usually in a few patterns, some are from comps entered. Available online in many styles as well.

the plastic grips are great, lock on to the fishes jaw and hold them more firmly thn standard lip grips and don't damage the fish.

Usually when I go to the Perons we stay away a couple of nights to make it a worthwhile trip, and take it easy as well, sometimes you get worn out with the fishing down there... :)
usually go on a Friday and back on Sunday, depending on tides, weather and people going.

cheers

Thanks for the response Agent86, ahh full boat, as Get Smart would Say ... "Would you Believe ... Missed it by that much" :) LOL

No worries, maybe next time then. Yeah might check out those shirts if there breathable material and UDF50+, etc. might be worth while investment ...
Yeah those plastic grips look great. Where does one pick up those things? but I suppose first step .. I have to catch the fish first. :) haha.

Yeah dont mind an overnighter as get to fish all various conditions and tides, day and night, and see what kicks best at what times?

Let me know next time your heading out and maybe help you Christian the new boat in the New Year then :) lol

Cheers