Dundee on the neaps

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Gilly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Dundee on the neaps

Post by Gilly »

Good haul balou.we were down there sat sun as well but didn't have anyluck on the Mack's.we were trawling gars etc and skip baits all over that area and had few hits but that was it.what did u pick them up on.the ramp sat Arvo was shambles.i thought there was gonna be a punch on at one stage about 5pm

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Gilly wrote:Good haul balou.we were down there sat sun as well but didn't have anyluck on the Mack's.we were trawling gars etc and skip baits all over that area and had few hits but that was it.what did u pick them up on.the ramp sat Arvo was shambles.i thought there was gonna be a punch on at one stage about 5pm
Hi Gilly , what cluster f.ck that was at the ramp around 5pm on Saturday. I understand that the dundee explorer gets priority when it comes to retrieving but for one of the tractors to wait in the water for 20 min for them was a joke when there's 6-7 boats waiting. We could not even see them in the horizon.

There seem to be no system at all. I can understand people frustration when they wait for over an hour and someone pulled up and gets retrieved 5 mins later. Jehro use to yell a lot but he sure got them in and out fast :D .

We got the macs trawling dorado X-rap,and drifting pillies/sandmar down a burly trail of old baits while bottom bashing.
Gilly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gilly »

Hahha yeah it was pish poor that the tractor was waiting 20min for explorer.lucky I still had beer left!!what boat u in ill say g'day next time.im in 5m black seajay sports haven with grey Bimini called (masterbaiter)