Croc takes man retrieving snagged line

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Croc takes man retrieving snagged line

Post by nomad »

We all know the risks when fishing.
We all know the risks when driving but still speed, etc etc
They have been doing this forever and are very good at hunting things.
Just listening to the ABC and they said his wife didn’t actually witness it but heard a scream and saw a crocs tail.
People need to realise that they see us as food. we have to change they way we do things. Don't risk your life for a $20 lure.
RIP

Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Agree nomad

Sorry to hear about this, RIP, condolences to family.

It's only been a month since the last one, wonder when the next one will be?

Teaching th kids now about staying away from the water when flicking lures on the bank, and don't stay in the same place too long. Have seen more and more larger crocs further up in the fresh systems over the last few years.

Just be careful, lose a couple of lures if you have to, never go down to grab the fish, drag it up, if you lose it, oh well
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

RIP, condolences to family of course. Another senseless loss of life.

It is not good to speak ill of the dead. Point is when will fishos learn? The "It wont happen to me attitude" is clearly not working. I look back this year at the stupid fishos that stand by the waters edge or fish off a crossing just for the thrill of catching a fish. Your life is at stake. My last trio to Gunbalanya I commented to the fisho about his standing in the middle of the crossing fishing and got a mouthful for my trouble.

Not the best year if your keeping score.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Just because the NT New says it doesn't make it true. In fact it is more likely to be lies.
This implies an intent to deceive. If the facts are wrong, it is because immediately after these incidents very little info is available and the reporters have to work with what they can, and the police can only give out so much info.

It is not an easy job for a reporter to call someone just after they have lost a loved one. But the public wants to know what happened asap.
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

What happens when the goverment endorses a cull, or speeds up the conveyer a bit, and people still get taken, because they thought it was safe, and took more risks?

If they cull crocs, some people will take even more risks in the beleif that it is now safe.
Wrighty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Wrighty »

Horrible way to go. Thoughts with the family. His poor wife will have that image in her mind forever.

I wonder if the cruise mob could ID the croc. They are able to tell many of the crocs in this stretch of river apart and have names for them all. Would be interested in knowing if it was one of their 'regulars'.

RIP
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

Apparently they have ID'd the croc as a regular...

"""Police say this 4.5-metre half-albino crocodile locals called 'Michael Jackson' attacked and killed a man on the Adelaide River"""
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
Wrighty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Wrighty »

Well then I guess as Cuddles was saying... There goes someone's theory that the crocs are too well fed on the Adelaide to attack people
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

It'll be the first predator called ' Michael Jackson'
that preyed on adults....!

Too soon???
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

Hemi wrote:It'll be the first predator called ' Michael Jackson'
that preyed on adults....!

Too soon???

LOL, Thats gold Hemi!!!
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

Matt where I come from you don't flap your mouth until you have the facts. There is no need to report detail if you don't know the facts . I'm nut saying it is wrong in this case but in the case of my mate I still have people telling me he was in the water at the time and that is simply wrong
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

You are a unit Hemi, I like it!
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

ghound wrote:Matt where I come from you don't flap your mouth until you have the facts. There is no need to report detail if you don't know the facts . I'm nut saying it is wrong in this case but in the case of my mate I still have people telling me he was in the water at the time and that is simply wrong
The nt news is a bl..dy shocker for it too, they regularly report completely false information.
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

You bunch of latte sipping southerners have no idea..
Keep your marine park dribble down south culling crocs will never eventuate into croc sanctuaries.
When are people going to realise they are having there way of life taken away from them because of the ridiculous amount of crocs in our water ways.
Some people were brought up in the the water or on the water up here and then you have southerners coming up here telling locals to stay out of the water and they should have known better. Yes they should have known better and be more careful but were do you draw the line? Not fishing at all? Not go near the water? End up like the teddy bear southern states..
The people to first whinge about anything are always the ones to say they shouldnt have been there it's the crocodiles rights to be there what rights it's a over grown lizard cull them..
People whinge about youth crime yet everyone warns them off about going out and enjoying them selves in the bush/water out fishing which I believe gives young kids a far better up bringing and understanding of life..yet nothing is being done about the number of crocs that are becoming more and more frequent in swimming and fishing areas close to town. frigging crocs shoot them all..
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

8)
DOUG wrote:You bunch of latte sipping southerners have no idea..
Keep your marine park dribble down south culling crocs will never eventuate into croc sanctuaries.
When are people going to realise they are having there way of life taken away from them because of the ridiculous amount of crocs in our water ways.
Some people were brought up in the the water or on the water up here and then you have southerners coming up here telling locals to stay out of the water and they should have known better. Yes they should have known better and be more careful but were do you draw the line? Not fishing at all? Not go near the water? End up like the teddy bear southern states..
The people to first whinge about anything are always the ones to say they shouldnt have been there it's the crocodiles rights to be there what rights it's a over grown lizard cull them..
People whinge about youth crime yet everyone warns them off about going out and enjoying them selves in the bush/water out fishing which I believe gives young kids a far better up bringing and understanding of life..yet nothing is being done about the number of crocs that are becoming more and more frequent in swimming and fishing areas close to town. frigging crocs shoot them all..

8) 8) :clap: :clap: :applause: :applause:

:hunting: