Does anyone still build their own rods?

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
Barratuesday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Barratuesday »

I'm contemplating building my own rod for something different. Does anyone on here build their own rods?

Any advice on blanks and where to source them would be much appreciated. The rod I'm going to build is to be matched up with a Stradic 5000FJ and will be a "do it all" rod. Everything from in the boat after Barra and Jew as well as off the break walls and bank flicking bigger lures.

Cheers

BT

STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Does anyone still build their own rods?

Post by STANDY »

One rod that does it all...............Gave up on that train of thought years and 5 rods ago.
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Does anyone still build their own rods?

Post by Hemi »

STANDY wrote:One rod that does it all...............Gave up on that train of thought years and 5 rods ago.

Ill second that standy.... :clap:

Why have one rod that does everything? Then you wouldnt go to the tackle shop and buy un-needed, useless, expensive cr.p and end up with 10 rods for each day of week and a busted-ass broke bank account...

Nonsense, complete nonsense..! :bonk:
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
Barratuesday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Barratuesday »

by "do it all" I meant do the bulk of my fishing. I'm new to rod building, not new to fishing so I know there is not one holy grail rod to do every type of fishing. I currently have about 12 rods, however there is only about 3 of these rods leave the shed when heading out fishing. I'd just like something special to grab, you know, the rod you always grab fist when heading to a new spot.....

BT