The great Aussie rip-off

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: The great Aussie rip-off

Post by Rug »

bring_it_on wrote:Phff good to see generation of handouts is over..cut cut cut labourite lefties all screaming...Like to know how many of these labourite actually have a self employed history or owned a small business.Business is always good when coalition in government. :cheers:
Business is good because The Hawke/Keating governments rebuilt and modernised the Australian economy. Stupid Laborite leftie buggers hey? The hard work had been done before the Howard/Costello years so I wouldn't bother with the myth that the Libs run the economy better.

The handouts you are bitching about came from Howard for drying out loud.

Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

Where did the debt come from and why was it racked up? Oh cr.p we had the largest global financial crisis since the great depression and we came out of it ok.

We have a budget emergency but we can gift 9 billion to the reserve bank. That isn't Labor's debt. How can we even consider 24 billion in joint strike fighters if we have a budget emergency.

Only an Alan Jones listening half wit could think this government is worth any more than a speck of sh!t.
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

Rug wrote:Where did the debt come from and why was it racked up? Oh cr.p we had the largest global financial crisis since the great depression and we came out of it ok.
We came out of it OK because there was a ton of money in the bank for Rudd/Gillard/Rudd & Co to throw around willy nilly. Not only did they blow what we had but a whole heap more as well. Not too sure how we would have fared if the GFC came along after a decade of Labour at the helm. Don't think the coffers would have been quite as healthy. I know a few blokes at the big(ger) end of the construction game and they tell me the ridiculous dollars tenders were being awarded at and the money being wasted was obscene.

By no means do I agree with the extent to which Abbott & Co have wielded the knife but much like running the household/business budget, you can't spend what you aint got............. I'd love a bigger boat, flasher house, nicer car but I own what I've got and can always put a beer in the fridge.

:cheers:

Melv
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

Mud wrote:The concept of national debt is fairly meaningless unless you have a sound knowledge of micro/macro economics (which I don't) so that you can consider debt in the context of infrastructure, national assets, international money markets and the nature of bank-orchestrated magic money making.

Thanks to the mind numbing greed of bankers we are stuck with a long term abuse of society's workers. The banks screw every cent (through outrageous credit contracts, stimulating cost of housing growth artificially, charges for nothing, ridiculous interest rates, etc etc) from punters struggling to keep their head above water, as well as determining the activities of our elected government.

With the active cooperation of government, banks are ensuring that every transaction made by us is made through a bank and once their hands are on our money those banks operate their robbery ruthlessly and with total impunity. They manipulate money markets in the manner of mafia crooks and on the odd occasion that their fraudulent behaviour is exposed (and the banks are in danger of collapse) who steps in to cover their ass? Our elected government. The same government that abandons the elderly, the disabled, the carers, young families and our war vets. That's upside down welfare. Those crying over what a handout mentality we have ought to ask who the vast majority of our "handouts" are actually going to and to what extent our government is obligated to support banks both fiscally and legislatively due to the bank-created myth that without banks the economy would collapse.

The majority of political decisions aren't made on the basis of election promises........nor are they made on the basis of sound social and economic policy.....they are made on the basis of the interests of the agencies and institutions that bankroll political campaigns. And at the top of this manipulative elite-serving heinous process..........are the BANKS.

May they rot in hell.
Yes it's a fine mess that we are in and the banks are the root cause.

Check out this video (yes it's on the long side). Once upon a time the banks pulled a swift one over the the world and have been in power ever since. It is nothing short of a scam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0
Dan
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

Melv wrote:
Rug wrote:Where did the debt come from and why was it racked up? Oh cr.p we had the largest global financial crisis since the great depression and we came out of it ok.
We came out of it OK because there was a ton of money in the bank for Rudd/Gillard/Rudd & Co to throw around willy nilly. Not only did they blow what we had but a whole heap more as well. Not too sure how we would have fared if the GFC came along after a decade of Labour at the helm. Don't think the coffers would have been quite as healthy. I know a few blokes at the big(ger) end of the construction game and they tell me the ridiculous dollars tenders were being awarded at and the money being wasted was obscene.

By no means do I agree with the extent to which Abbott & Co have wielded the knife but much like running the household/business budget, you can't spend what you aint got............. I'd love a bigger boat, flasher house, nicer car but I own what I've got and can always put a beer in the fridge.

:cheers:

Melv
I don't support all the measures that the money was spent on but I just think context is very important to understand why we went into debt. We have the economy the rest of the world envies and I would be chuffed if my own debt level was 13% of GDP.

The surplus budget that Labor did inherit most certainly did help but I also think we are at a stage where we are right to ask, where did the mining boom go and what do we have to show for it? We are taking an axe to pensioners when we could have been honoring the aim to get super contributions up to 15% knowing the aging population is an issue Australia will face. There are other future nation building initiative that could have been funded.
tikety
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tikety »

c9h14n wrote:Could only get half way through mike carlton's dribble before I switched off. Does anybody actually remember Rudd, Gillard, Rudd again and swannie promising a surpluse on every occasion, whilst they were loading the pockets of unions with our future fund and killing young blokes at the same time.

As they say, if you don't vote labor under the age of 30 you don't have a heart, if you vote labor over the age if 30, you don't have a brain.....

P.S - ghound, can you please post some qualitative analyses of your statistics because they don't seem to add up.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion either way but over 30 vote labor and don't have a brain !!
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

It really is stunning to read this. After Gillard and Rudd people still vote labor? Really? The Libs are trying to fix up this country and good on them. They have my support 100 percent. Tony Abbot is the best thing to happen to this country for a while.
Stop putting your hand out and put something back.

As for you Matt, well, you really have fitted in nicely in the Welfare State. Hopefully with a new government Tassie will rejoin the work force.

Labor? Surely somebody is having a joke.......
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

ghound wrote:Hey c9h14n

Read it a few times and saw it on TV. I think it was John Hewitson telling the story on th eABC the other night.
I will try to dig it up when I get a chance. I am at work busting a gut trying to get my wage up to the 200K free and easy sector.
Throwing out tree hugger bullshyte is typical of a lefty wanker.
Facts are Health, Education, the unemployed and pensioners are the big losers in this budget. Scoff all you want and throw lines in about handouts to bludgers. Unfortunatley there are a lot more hard working people than bludgers that can't afford the financial pain about to be inflicted. Typically of the left all they can say is it doesn't affect me so it doesn't matter.
c9h14n what do you do for a job? If you don't mind me asking?

Ghound
GHOUND, my old sparring partner.
Do you know what you are crapping on about? Labor are the left (well, sorta). Lay off the hard drink and always wear a hat in the midday sun.

AND... c9h14n along with myself are the General Manager/s (loans - regional Australia) for the Commonwealth Bank. Business has never been so good.
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

good point Bushie

Always had a bit of an issue with my left and my right.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

bushie wrote:It really is stunning to read this. After Gillard and Rudd people still vote labor? Really? The Libs are trying to fix up this country and good on them. They have my support 100 percent. Tony Abbot is the best thing to happen to this country for a while.

As for you Matt, well, you really have fitted in nicely in the Welfare State. Hopefully with a new government Tassie will rejoin the work force.

If Tony Abbott reads the quoted post, I am sure he will tell one of his staffers to take one knighthood out of petty cash and give it to you.
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

Rug wrote:
bushie wrote:It really is stunning to read this. After Gillard and Rudd people still vote labor? Really? The Libs are trying to fix up this country and good on them. They have my support 100 percent. Tony Abbot is the best thing to happen to this country for a while.

If Tony Abbott reads the quoted post, I am sure he will tell one of his staffers to take one knighthood out of petty cash and give it to you.
Knighthood accepted. Please refer to me hencewith as Sir Bushie
skinny joel
Seadog
Seadog

Post by skinny joel »

while im not weighing into either side of this debate.
but do these people protesting realize the money has to come from somewhere?
im struggling to make ends meet, but this budget will only put me worse off by $8 a month, hardly the straw that breaks the camels back.
the biggest group i see pissing and moaning are hippy uni students, instead of 2 baggies of sticky icky for their weekend love-in, they can only afford 1 baggie and a carton of caronas. p..s weak students who have offered nothing but try to take everything and scream when mum doesnt give them the tit.

i dont think this budget has been fair on the elderly (who generally speaking have contributed a lifetime to the economy and earned the right to moan when no tit is given)
and im not comfortable with health and education cuts.

as far as labor vs libs, same evil, same rich assholes feeding from the public trough. the sooner some politicians get assassinated in this country the better, they may be than scared into actually working for their 200k salary and lifetime super. just my thoughts.
human guppy
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

Because you know if the unions and the greens are whingeing about something then it must be wrong...

Seriously though, even if I was against all the cuts the government are making, which I'm not, seeing that those union scabs and moron greens are fighting them would be enough to make me side with the government.

This coming from a 24 year old apprentice making $17/hr who will be missing out on approx $4k in tools for your trade bonuses over the next few years due to the scheme being cut as of a few days ago.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

bushie wrote:
Rug wrote:

Knighthood accepted. Please refer to me hencewith as Sir Bushie
Would you prefer the ceremony to be done with a sword or a filleting knife?