I made page 3 of nt news

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: I made page 3 of nt news

Post by cuddlescooper »

Next it will be bad form to fish out of a boat in a river.... Theres been a few attacks recently of people leaning over the side! I think we had better all panic and ban boating in croc infested waters or we might all die from an attack!

craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

You bl..dy dare devil!!
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I dont understand why you had to get into the water to flick a line. surely you could have reached the water from the bank?
each to their own but no way me. Ive done stupid things in my time but i would never do that.
Every year people get into the water with crocs and every year someone is grabbed.
no fish is worth getting grabbed for
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

nomad wrote:I dont understand why you had to get into the water to flick a line. surely you could have reached the water from the bank?
each to their own but no way me. Ive done stupid things in my time but i would never do that.
Every year people get into the water with crocs and every year someone is grabbed.
ar we talking a 58cm swampy or a 112 salty, cause sum fish ar worth some sort risk
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

ponyplay wrote:
nomad wrote:I dont understand why you had to get into the water to flick a line. surely you could have reached the water from the bank?
ar we talking a 58cm swampy or a 112 salty, cause sum fish ar worth some sort risk
So now it's ok to be stupid ?? :) :)
Yeah I agree there's some things that are worth small amount of risk :)
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

DOUG wrote:
ponyplay wrote:
So now it's ok to be stupid ?? :) :)
Yeah I agree there's some things that are worth small amount of risk :)
i cant answer your question sorry, you will turn my answer into a argument and my psychologist has told me that is not good to engage in online arguments this week
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

You got there number ?? :) :)
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Nomad, water was shallow as and I was trying to hit the deeper water in front of a tree. I could see a long way in front of me due to clarity and it being so shallow. Mate I honestly didn't think it was dangerous at all, seen guys do a lot worse
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Sorry Scottie I with nomad on this even though there is minimal risk of being taken. Before kids I would not think twice about after standing in the water after kids my priority has changed a bit.

If your comfortable standing in the water don't let others stop you mate.
hobbit
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbit »

Did the same thing the other week there can see along way in the clear water. No differant to people standing on shady barrage or launching the boat at shady.
hobbit03
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

Scottie, stop trying to justify your actions to strangers mate, you dont have to. Far less dangerous than taking a risk waiting for a taxi on mitchell st at3am on any weekend.
or going for a surf at nightcliff in stinger season, or throwing a cast net in the shallows at buff crk, or 50,000 other things....

it was no big deal, ive done it,will do it again dont give a you know what about other alarmists think. Fished scott crk last week...
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Scott's?......pffffttttttt

Donkey Camp.......*shuddder*
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

Pftt is exactly right, same as magella.
See, im not trying to make a big thing about it, because its not a big deal, as someone pointed out, launching or retieving at shady , in the dark, is just as bad, how many thousand times has that happend in the last few years.....who cares, go fishing with out having some idiot telling you what you should or shouldnt do.
I get managed at work, i manage my own risks in my own time.
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

Anybody remember these stories? I do! How would you describe these poor people?

Kakadu Northern Territory
A woman was in a canoe on a waterway by herself in Kakadu in the Northern Territory (why she did that is anyone’s guess). The canoe hit what she thought was a floating log which turned out to be a very large crocodile which then attacked and overturned the canoe.

The woman swam to the muddy sides of the waterway and struggled up the steep bank only to be grabbed by the leg by the crocodile and dragged back into the water and put into a death roll.

For some reason the crocodile released the woman. Severely mauled she made it back to the bank and again struggled up to the top of the bank. She was again grabbed by the crocodile by her other leg but this time she had hold of part of a tree root on the bank. The crocodile mauled her again trying to pull her back into the water and again let go of her.

Very badly injured the woman managed to crawl onto safe land and then through the bush where she was found and taken to hospital.

I knew two nursing staff at Darwin hospital at the time and the description of the woman’s injuries were frightening. She managed to keep her legs and after recovering said that she did not want the crocodile killed.

That crocodile reacted out of instinct, a canoe is simply not suitable to be on the water in areas the Saltwater crocodile lives.

EAST Alligator Crossing
A local man was fishing on the concrete barrage that vehicles use to cross the East Alligator River. A large 5m black crocodile was known to frequent the area.

The man fell into the water in front of witnesses. He tried to swim to safety and the crocodile swam over, took him by the head and swam away with his body in front of witnesses. His body was later recovered but the capture of the crocodile was prevented by local aborigines who regard the crocodile as a totem and therefore it was sacred to them.

Boroloola Northern Territory
A man fell asleep on the boat ramp on the river at Boroloola. He was taken by a large saltwater crocodile and his body found in the stomach of the crocodile when the crocodile was caught, killed and cut open.
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

Jason's photo of a croc at the ramp of the south yesterday. You take risks every day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drifter on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.