Fishing Spots

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
minho

Fishing Spots

Post by minho »

Hey fello fishos,

any advice on fishing spots? i'm on holidays here in Darwin and me mates on holidays from the mines. he got a boat , got some fishing gear, rarely goes out due to work and family commitments.

Would love to know where we can explore for some muddies, reef fish even pelagics. boat is a decent size and can handle offshore fishing.

happy to pair up on an offshore trip if anyone is interested.

any tips or locations would be most welcomed.

thanks in advanced.

Michael

Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Fishing Spots

Post by Dundee Hombre »

Get yourself a Fish Finder Book Michael, here the link http://www.fishfinderbooks.com/

But you can buy them from Tackle Shops and some Newsagents. The books have all of the good oil on Darwin and NT fishing
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

Big tides for muddies at the moment. Found that ok in the past when you chase the tide up. Once it starts turning, my pots tend to fill with leaves. Can make pot retrieval tricky.Get a copy of the Fish Finder mag from a local newsagent. Got as many gps marks as you like. Again, big tides will make it difficult to park on the spot as well as getting your bait to the bottom.
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mippa »

if anyone wants to give me there goldie or metery spots i'd also love them :mrgreen:
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

mippa wrote:if anyone wants to give me there goldie or metery spots i'd also love them :mrgreen:
gunn lake. Haha
minho

Post by minho »

Thanks for the tips.
Did two trips. One in the harbour and cruised around channel Island. Tide was too strong. 7m that day. No real luck.

Did an overnighter to flat top banks, did not bad. Got some busting Mackerel Tuna on the way out. Light gear with spinners did the trick. Once we got out to flat top. Sounded around and did well around 25mt marks. Few reefies, drifting only. No good at night. As we were buggered and the razor gang came out to play. Anchored up and slept til first light. Started sounding again and anchored up at a hole. Mixed bag of reefies. 1.5mt shark took a lucanus Jig. Wasn't brave enough to attempt to retrieve Jig. Cut line.
Big Swells on the way in.

Holiday is over, til the next fishing trip with a great bunch of blokes. Thanks to those that provided advice. Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by minho on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Thai »

Good stuff mate
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Well done. I would have used that mac tuna for bait though
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Always good to catch a fish. I would have chucked most of it back. Hard to do when you come up from the southern states because thats the average size down there.
Mactuna are great bait. taste like cat food to me