Salt Water Arm 19 Oct 13

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Salt Water Arm 19 Oct 13

Post by Dex38 »

Decided to head for Salt Water Arm today. :D The deckie and I headed off at gentlemans hours and got on the water by 0830. The road in was okay up to the Leaders turn off and then started to decay a bit from there on in. There were only four other boats in before us so the car parking was easy as. We headed for a couple of spots in the Arm, but found no bait moving. The water was still high and the fish could be heard back in the mangroves. :fishing:

We trolled, flicked and tried everything we had in the boat that resembled a lure. The water was pretty dirty and the March Flies were crazy. :evil:

Anyway we trolled a nice stretch of water and got tapped a couple of times before we hooked up. The deckie dropped a nice fish and it took an old scrapped up classic in blue bling to catch our only boated Barra of the day. It went 60cm and kept my Barra pants again.

The wind picked up as we started to see some fish smashing up bait in the shallows. Nothing would trick them into hooking up but we were fishing in a fairly decent chop. I called it a day and we headed in.

A long way for a Barra but at least we landed one. I think I'll keep to the Harbour and save time and fuel doing so. :)

Dex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

uniball
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Salt Water Arm 19 Oct 13

Post by uniball »

Good effort Dex. Better than doughnuts mate