gold coast trevallys

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
chrisoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

gold coast trevallys

Post by chrisoo »

Gday all . Pretty much each Friday night Micko and myself try to catch up for a fish and some friendly banter , after micks diamond trevally last weekend (pic attatched) it didn't take much thinking of where we were headed to !! We arrived just after 8pm , unfortunately it was raining quite heavily and a stiff breeze to go with it . Things weren't looking good . We decided to give it and hour and make a call after that

it started off pretty quick with a bream then I hooked a dreaded hairtail ,luckily it didn't bite through the leader so got a quick pic and put him back in , next up it was Mikey with a little reefy (mother in law) which was pretty damn cool I gotta admit . .

After getting some pics for him I went for a walk to the "death pit" a 2m by 5m pit . Well 1st cast it was rudely interrupted by something obviously not a bream or hairtail . this thing had some serious speed and tail beats, I yelled out to Mikey to come over as I thought I was gonna get busted off any second around all the structure , all I could do was hold on and bury my rod in the water & winde!! .with a bit of luck and help from mick landing it I had a nice Gt in my hands . . After Releasing it I checked my lure and leader, a set of trebles had been opened up so I quickly tied on another blade and dropped it back down .. F&c" me . I was on again the very next cast to another one , this one felt even more stubborn then the last one , at one point I could feel him rubbing me around something , wanting this fish & a bit of patience, rod buried in the water moment again & a helping hand, another beautiful night time gt came up . . By now we were both satched and Stoked with that, we decided to call it a night ! cheers chris
DSCF2682.jpg
SAM_1290.JPG
SAM_1292.JPG
SAM_1294.JPG
SAM_1305.JPG
SAM_1311.JPG
SAM_1322.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.