Seajay Tropic Or Quintrex Renegade

Buy, sell and giveaway. Private sales and FFF sponsors only.
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Seajay Tropic Or Quintrex Renegade

Post by seano »

TNS1 wrote:That was quick !
Yeah- should have sold it to me :|

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Swoffa wrote:Just a shame to have to deal with the local SeaJay dealership.
2nd that
$800 for a 200 hr service. what a joke
Darwinbloke
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Darwinbloke »

nomad wrote:
2nd that
3rd that!! Couldn't buy a boat there if you tried! I Went three times and never got quotes or calls back! How they are still open i will never know.. Peanuts..
Gregsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Gregsy »

Darwinbloke wrote:
nomad wrote:
2nd that
3rd that!! Couldn't buy a boat there if you tried! I Went three times and never got quotes or calls back! How they are still open i will never know.. Peanuts..

4th that, i won't go into detail....I'll never stop!!
TNS1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by TNS1 »

Yeah Seano, was a photo fish mate…
TNS1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by TNS1 »

Gregsy wrote:
Darwinbloke wrote:
nomad wrote: 2nd that

4th that, i won't go into detail....I'll never stop!!

Yeah 5th that, was one of the joints I checkout prior to buying my current rig… they were irritated because I was asking questions about their boats. Go figure.
shadymad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shadymad »

Yeah i have the 4.9 renegade with the 70 yammy,had a vibration problem with the engine at idle that i thought was
coming from the gearbox.Michael at in & outboard said u need a stailess prop.So had to fork out for that extra when boat
only had 1 hr run time.Also noticed the insulation was rubbed through on the trailor brakes after first drive home.So get that
fixed under warranty.Also noticed the hull has changed colour on the water line like its having a reaction to the salt water.Found
that the battery is wired to the hull WTF,so changed all the wiring and added an extra battery so no current running through
the hull now.The boat itself is very stable and is dry in the rough water,motor is awesome on fuel,plenty of room and storage under
deck,trailor is still to be tested on rough roads but is easy to drive up onto as it centres the boat well.
So if i was buying another renegade i would ask for a stainless prop on the 70,check the brake cables b4 delivery and tell em dont
earth the battery to the hull. :cheers:
Deigs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Deigs »

we got the 485 barra masta with a 75 but got the hull upgraded to a 4mm even ask if you can get it upgraded cost about a 1000 bucks and put the 90 on it if money is no object and we also got the dual axel trailer which makes the ride smooth on dirt roads. the 75 and 90 is the based on the same motor the 90 works better at higher revs as the 75 works good down low both are bl..dy good on fuel. we didn't get any stickers or anything like that on it as we got the dual batteries for the same price as what the stickers were worth just little things we worked with them and got stuff made up and little extras added and removed stuff we didn't really use or had a need for one bonus with seajay as quintrex wont do any mods.

we never had a prob with them at all and service was great.
Hayzie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hayzie »

Quintrex do mods, i designed my own boat
Does The Job!
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Don't earth the battery to the hull? What do you think the outboard motor bolts do? Its already earthed anyway.
newfisherman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by newfisherman »

I went for a ride in a tropic once out in the harbour. The owner who was driving told me it was a wet ride. He was not wrong. I go in my mates quintrex all the time and it is a good ride and the millenium hull makes it very dry. I have got a 5.8 meter plate boat but i still love riding in the quintrex especially when it is rough. My money is on the millenium hull. As always you can get much more boat for your money down south, but then you have to get it up here and it is hard to take it back if there is a problem.
ozlad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ozlad »

Only looking at the moment TNS & Seano but will keep using the rig until I make my mind up. Just wanting to go a little wider with higher sides, hence the bigger rig. Might be a theme with the rig hey?

Not very impressed with the dealers up here which is a shame. They don't seem to take me seriously when I walk in..

Cheers for the feedback guys, will try and convince IOM to take me for a ride otherwise I'll go south
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Few beers last night so apologies for the short response above! :drinking5: :drinking8: :drinking5:

What I meant was...every aluminum boat Ive had has been earthed via the outboard motor. If you remove the negative cable from where it has been bolted to the hull in your renegade, leaving the outboard motor connected to the battery, then do a continuity test with a multimeter you will find the hull is still earthed. The outboard is connected to the battery then when it's bolted to the hull, the hull also becomes earthed (albeit poorly). This earth to me is not very "clean" due to it being connected to a nice new painted outboard and then bolted and siliconed to the hull with stainless steel bolts. Quintrex (and probably other manufacturers) then put a nice clean earth to the hull (to fix this) via a large tinned copper cable which then makes the hull earthed cleanly same as the engine. They then run 2 core cabling to every electronic device, lights, sounders etc, so the return is via a cable and nothing is using the hull as an earth return (like in a car). I think by removing the earth cable to your hull you would be doing be more harm than good and encouraging electrolysis. :mrgreen:

In regards to the boats you are asking about I havent been in a seajay but I own a renegade (one of the early models from late 2011) Its a very stable and capable hull for its size (4.6m) The millenium hull is as always a great ride and fairly dry, however it is not as dry as a topender (no flared bow could be the reason) and I reckon the sides are slightly lower than a topender. Saying this though it ploughs through the chop comfortably and is very stable. I would recommend getting the maximum HP available of even going up 20hp more and re-rating the hull from new. I have an 80hp on the 4.6m and it is perfectly suited. Was underpowered beforehand.
Biff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Biff »

RNR wrote:quote:
That's funny you mention taking them both for a run, In and outboard aren't willing to take you for a test drive unless you have pretty much put a deposit on one.

Would you buy a car befor you took it for a drive ?
So if you took it for a run( after you put a deposit down) and said you didnt like it would you get your dep back?

this would be enough to make me buy another brand or buy interstate. i thinks thats B/S

I put a deposit down on a 510 Tournament quine,left the deal still fealing shall i say....violated.Pulled out of the deal due to financial circumstances changing,could not of got a ruder bloke to get my deposit back,he may as well of threw it at me.Would not give them the steam of my p..s!!! :fubird: I proceded to but interstate and a far better deal on a custom built job!
Cheers.
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

maxpower wrote: I have an 80hp on the 4.6m and it is perfectly suited. Was underpowered beforehand.
IOM tried to sell me a 4.2 Renegade with a 40hp 4-Stroke. It seems dealers are always trying to sell boats with minimum horsepower, personally i would have bolted on a 60hp 4-Stroke to the 4.2 Renegade.