My Mojo is still missing

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

My Mojo is still missing

Post by nomad »

It’s been a while since I've had a decent trip report and this is no different - I still can’t take a trick
Fishfinatic invited me to join him and his mate Neil on an overnighter down to the mouth of the south on the weekend.
We met up at the ramp and travelled down on my first trip to the mouth.
My mate Darryl came along in my boat for the trip.
Neither of us had been down there before and I've heard a lot of horror stories about the Sth so I followed Fishfinatic all the way.
We headed straight for his secret creek on Field Is and locked in for the low tide.
We were all full of anticipation as we flicked SP’s and a few hardbodies for a few small goldies but nothing of any worth.
Even though I was using my ever faithful thready buster it was still disappointing

Fishfinatic pulled in a couple of decent sharks but not much else.
We waited for the incoming fish on the flood but could still only manage small stuff.
The creek looked fishy but there was hardly any bait moving about which was strange
Once we could manoeuvre outside again, we moved to one of the many deep holes targeting jewies.
But all we seemed to hook were bl..dy Powertail and small sharks.
The other boys seemed to do the same.
We kept fishing for most of the night but still managed only rubbish

Next morning we moved on to trolling around the nearby islands but bugger all

We moved over to one of the creeks at the mouth and it looked very fishy with bait everywhere.
Just as we entered the creek, Fishfinatic called us on the radio to say that Neil had bagged a 92cmbarra.
Our spirits were again bouyed by Neils success but we again failed to get anything substantial
We reluctantly had to leave the creek to catch the incoming tide back to the ramp. On the way back up, I saw the only boofing action for the whole weekend so I stopped and went over to investigate.
I was toooo slow to get my gear into action so Darryl flicked a hard body into the spot and hooked up on a rat barra.

We headed back up to the ramp both saying we will be back soon.

It can only be a matter of time until my mojo returns - i hope

sarrge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: My Mojo is still missing

Post by sarrge »

Maybe your Mojo fell overboard :)
I used to have a handle on life.......then it broke.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

I'm sure your mojo is still intact, the south can be as hard as the adelaide to find fish. massive water ways.
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
Queasy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Queasy »

Nice to read one of those rare reports of fishing rather than catching for a change.
While my recent trips have all resulted in nice catches, since moving up here I've had a lot more trips where I've come back with nothing but also a number of trips where I've come back with PBs. In my limited experience its harder to get consistency up here than down south, but the (good) extremes make it worth the effort. And how bad is a bad day anyway, short of falling overboard?
sarrge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sarrge »

Queasy wrote:........ And how bad is a bad day anyway, short of falling overboard?
:mrgreen: Over to you again Nomad :lol: :lol:
I used to have a handle on life.......then it broke.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Mmmm sounds like you need to head in a different direction nomad!!!

there are fish out there just waiting for you :-)
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

One thing is for sure, and that is I definitely dont have your mojo. I am a fishing retard at the moment
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I think you might be right 86. The sth has always been another spot that ive wanted to fish. I do much better on the blue water than elsewhere but all of the stars seemed to be aligned.

there were heaps of holes that i thought must hold jewies. very different waterway

Yeah yeah you blokes, i fell overboard :bonk: Technically i was thrown overboard :D Now that you mentioned it, that might be where my mojo is, just drifting in and out around east arm :o