Surveillance Cameras

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Surveillance Cameras

Post by slug »

So I've been having some issues with 'fence jumpers' over the past 6mths (3rd time last night).

Some of you guys have posted about having cameras setup for such issues - I'm looking for a bit
of advice as to what's out there before I go banging around the likes of Jaycar.

The boat sits up the back of the yard - 25to30 mtrs from the house.

Is there devices out there that run 'self powered' and internal 'storage' so that I don't need power
(or at least so i don't need to run the data back to some sort of storage device - PC or whatever)
??

Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Surveillance Cameras

Post by Anon »

Have a look at the LT alcorn trail cameras. Excellent with their no glow infrared setup and work in near pitch black conditions.

Will work for 30 days plus with single battery use.can mount them up in trees etc. They mount with a strap and are lockable. Motion activated.

I have used them with great success

Otherwise places like Jaycar have reasonable kits with multi cameras but a good ID shot at 30m is.pushing.it

If you go with a Jaycar setup buy the upgraded cameras.
ADRNLN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ADRNLN »

Also Check Swan security site for refurbish units that can go pretty cheap. Its. where I got mine but get cameras with a longer range. Helps with ID later on.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Swanns pretty good. Can get them wireless and you can view on your TV, Iphone, Ipad etc etc...........
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

Cheers Guys .

Which LT Alcorn model have u had experience with Brendan? ( & what do u mean by 'upgraded' in respect to Jaycar??)
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

You can also get trail cameras that send an sms to your phone when they take a picture. Might be handy if you wanted to catch them in the act...
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

You can buy upgraded cameras for the swann units they sell at Jaycar. As Adrenalin said above they give longer range and better night shot also.
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

http://ltlacorn.com.au/ltl-5310.htm

That is the one I had with the no glow lights.
CharFin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by CharFin »

I use a wireless swann driveway sensor. Person walking past the sensor sets off an alarm. Costs $40 bucks. Theres no video footage of the crime being commited for the courts to do nothing. Come to think of it probably best there is no video footage if I come out swinging with a golf club.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

CharFin wrote:I use a wireless swann driveway sensor. Person walking past the sensor sets off an alarm. Costs $40 bucks. Theres no video footage of the crime being commited for the courts to do nothing. Come to think of it probably best there is no video footage if I come out swinging with a golf club.
That would go great underneath the canvas travel cover on my boat.
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Yeah you can but cheap ones from bunnings.arlec i think they have a remote so easy to use.
Used one alot when traveling west coast they are very handy.

Cheers
Jigrig
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Jigrig »

Blinky wrote:Swanns pretty good. Can get them wireless and you can view on your TV, Iphone, Ipad etc etc...........
I'll second Swann's. Have had no problems & easy to use.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

I have use ltl acorn trail cams for years and they've stood the test of time in the scrub
Cant see why they would'nt be good for home security as well
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

New alcorn trail camera which sends SMS photograph of what ever trips the camera.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tropical IV
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tropical IV »

If you are looking at any recent model trail cameras like the ltl acorn for the sms function be sure to get one that is 3g and not 2g. The 2g system is being turned off 1 dec 2016. Your camera will still work fine just won't send images via network.

The ltl acorns do not do a 3g system yet.

Uo vision Australia are a3g unit that will satisfy all of your needs. http://www.uovision.com.au

Pm me if you want anything specific. I have some experience with most models

Tropical

Return to “Going Fishing?”