Interior lights

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Interior lights

Post by mippa »

Hi all,

Just wondering what everyone uses at night to see in and around there boats while river fishing? I just use a small Lanten n head lamps but the bugs give me the craps. Will a yellow/orange or red light work? Looking at fitting a whole heap of LEDs to the boat
Thanks

Shitzngigglz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Interior lights

Post by Shitzngigglz »

Blue lights are the go mate ........... don't realy know why but the bugs don't seem to be a problem with blue lights.....
ajbear
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ajbear »

There are 60cm led strip lights in the latest repco catalogue for $40, mounted under the gunnels they provide plenty of light and most importantly don't shine in your face!!
Just remember if all else fails "try like F##K" !!!!!!!
garrynt
Seadog
Seadog

Post by garrynt »

Blue is now the old red, when it comes to night vision. So i believe.
But I still have white under gunnel.
MattyA
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by MattyA »

mate I got 5 metres of leds under each gunnel. That plus two thermocells works good for me!

Matt
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mippa »

looking on ebay you can get the waterproof 5m strip LED for about $20 in any colour. Pure white,yellow,blue,red,pink.

Garrynt: do you have any dramas with the white?

MattA: What colour do you have?
garrynt
Seadog
Seadog

Post by garrynt »

STill get bugs when bugs are about. But not like a light that is sticking up in the air saying "over here bugs"
Just remember that there are LED's & LED's (like household globe choices in wattages)
My choice was easy... while at Auto elec's I just pointed at wall and said "put one of those in and hook it up to the switch" didnt even ask the price.
predetec
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by predetec »

I got a cheap headlamp (duracell or everready - cant remember which) that has a red led as well - works a treat and doesnt affect your night vision either
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I got a 5m strip of white led’s from Hong Kong. Cheap as, easy to fit. Just had to wait a month for delivery
MattyA
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by MattyA »

Mine are white. Being under gunnels you don't really notice them affecting your night vision, although they must do to an extent. And they certainly don't repel the insects, but don't seem to attract them like say a Colemans lantern does
Est_1982
Gold Member
Gold Member

Interior lights

Post by Est_1982 »

I just purchased the 8m kit from Korr lighting, just got to get off my ass and fit them!
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

I fitted a led kit that i picked up cheap from ebay...... nearly burnt the boat down 3 times before admitting defeat. Got an auto sparky to have a looksie and it was just a cheap and nasty kit and nothing wrong with how i wired it so be careful. I then purchased a kit from korr lighting and fitted them under the gunnels... not problem there. You still get bugs but not an army of them.
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Who sells the Korr Lights up here. The 8m strip in the red or blue looks the good for the creek. Might even get a white bar on the cneter console to use as a main/anchor light while fishing offshore.
Est_1982
Gold Member
Gold Member

Interior lights

Post by Est_1982 »

I got my Korr kit straight from the website then walked into bias boating and saw them for the same price minus the freight and week waiting time.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Thanks 1982...Are the 8 m LED fairly bright my eyes are starting to fail in my old ages