Boat decals/art

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
BungsRin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Boat decals/art

Post by BungsRin »

.....never look back when leaving port, There's a bunch of em.
...don't go searching for the golden rivet ?

olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Thats just pusser stuff. :naughty: Most of the superstitions go way back when ships were timber and under sail. :captain:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

olfart wrote:Thats just pusser stuff. :naughty: Most of the superstitions go way back when ships were timber and under sail. :captain:
Must of been back when you were a youngfart hey?
----------------------------
-----------------------------
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Never had my little boat named, been fishin in her for a few years now! Doesn't seem to have hampered me in any way.

Suppose she does have the model name on her.

Just getting a new Wrap organised through Sign City for her, artwork looks great and she will have a great name.

Going in next week, can't wait to see the finish

Price is good to I reckon for the work, depends on how much you want done!
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Hally10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Hally10 »

Cheers guys. Theres also a saying about a bad tradesman blaming his tools. Hahaha. Rekon ill go see the sign tech guys.
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

Sign Tech, check out my boat. Good service and advise with design and colours. All I had was an Idea and they did a heap of designs for me to pick and choose what I liked and we came up with a winner. Check my photo's on my profile to see mine. GS extreme 5.5
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

olfart wrote:Nah..Old seamans superstition. Like never stepping onto a boat left foot first, never whistle on board, never look back when leaving port, There's a bunch of em. :mrgreen:
And Bananas
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Olfart, we used to do charters with a superstitious captain, and one of his rules was 'no whistling allowed', because you were 'whistling up the wind', and another was 'no cleaning fish and throwing their heads overboard at the fishing spot', because the other fish would leave and not come back. :D
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

olfart wrote:Thats just pusser stuff. :naughty: Most of the superstitions go way back when ships were timber and under sail. :captain:
ARRRRRRRGHHHHH When ships were made of timber and men were made of steel
MOUSE
Seadog
Seadog

Post by MOUSE »

@darwinguy that's some bling :mrgreen:

& always name my boats, just that the mrs doesn't always let me put the name on the side :rofl:
Boars, Barra, Bundy & Bare Arsed
Adventure Before Dementia
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

mako wrote:Olfart, we used to do charters with a superstitious captain, and one of his rules was 'no whistling allowed', because you were 'whistling up the wind', and another was 'no cleaning fish and throwing their heads overboard at the fishing spot', because the other fish would leave and not come back. :D
The whistling thing had to do with getting the ships whistle signals confused, all ancient mariner stuff. :)
makes sense with the heads/guts, fish usually pissoff when the sharks show up. :wink:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
madmortimer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by madmortimer »

No women on board and NEVER kill an albatross...
Storyteller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Storyteller »

Darwinguy, I'd been told sign tech did a good wrap and yours certainly doesn't do their reputation any harm, absolute cracker!!! Maybe work on ur choice of bevy though, ha ha! :)