FFF Seadogs rules update

User avatar
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by blw » Sun May 12, 2013 9:33 am

ponyplay wrote:Na good comp how it is , a lot people are not big barra fisherman gives them a crack at it with few blue water fish. All i need is mackeral and billfish to migrate into wyndham gulf :cry: :cry:
All though i Could not see the harm in letting people enter barra in billfish round its the best month for barra australia wide, just seems a bit of a waste
:mrgreen:
you just want another rod lol :lol::lol: I aim to get a billy in my 4.5 this year.

cheers Brent



User avatar
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Kununurra WA

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by Dick » Sun May 12, 2013 9:46 am

ponyplay wrote: All i need is mackerel and billfish to migrate into Wyndham gulf :cry: :cry:
Saw schools of sailfish smashing power tails just off the jetty the other day. Kid landed one on a hand line and a bit of red meat :D
Regards Dick

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:45 am
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by ponyplay » Sun May 12, 2013 9:53 am

blw wrote:
ponyplay wrote:Na good comp how it is , a lot people are not big barra fisherman gives them a crack at it with few blue water fish. All i need is mackeral and billfish to migrate into wyndham gulf :cry: :cry:
All though i Could not see the harm in letting people enter barra in billfish round its the best month for barra australia wide, just seems a bit of a waste
:mrgreen:
you just want another rod lol :lol::lol: I aim to get a billy in my 4.5 this year.

cheers Brent

just be carefull ,we dont want the billfish round causing accidents with young blokes pushing there tin cans out to fare :mrgreen: and yes cant have two many fishing rods :D
Dick wrote:
ponyplay wrote: All i need is mackerel and billfish to migrate into Wyndham gulf :cry: :cry:
Saw schools of sailfish smashing power tails just off the jetty the other day. Kid landed one on a hand line and a bit of red meat :D
Well that changes things , landbased to :)

User avatar
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by blw » Sun May 12, 2013 9:59 am

Haha ill just be very picky on the days I go out. Mainly just go to fenton area.

cheers Brent

User avatar
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 9:30 am
Location: Somewhat Southerly
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by Matt Flynn » Sun May 12, 2013 11:11 am

reckon you might be right about adding barra to the billfish round Curt, good suggestion - good month to catch them and not everyone has billfish boats :mrgreen:

could add boars too but people will need bigger brag mats :catch:

barrabustin
Seadog
Seadog
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by barrabustin » Sun May 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Billfish and barra would make it more intresting

trent
Seadog
Seadog
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:05 am
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by trent » Sun May 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Sounds good but seeing the billfish length are 1/2 ed, probably should 1/2 the barra as well, still makes barra fisho's want to target a billfish.ie a 1.5m sail/marlin gets beat by 76cm barra (66cm if you add the invisible 10cm for the landbased) in a billfish round.just my 2bobs worth!

User avatar
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by blw » Sun May 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Or just make the prize for the billy and. The barra can just add to yearly total. Takes a lot of people out of the billy comp but can keep a good total still going.

cheers Brent

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:45 am
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by ponyplay » Sun May 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Yer fair point , would be no justuice in barra beating billfish .
i find it bit funny there have been few remarks about the 10cm landbased rule. If its so easy landing one landbased where all the entrys, i was under the impression all entrants had that option ??
Seen we are on subject complaing i feel strongly all shadycamp sanpan/ tommycut fish being entered from the congo line should be halfed n size. Threw lure on, rod in holder and follow the boat in front you. Skills required filling up with fuel driving to shady and being able to launch boat :wink:

trent
Seadog
Seadog
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:05 am
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by trent » Sun May 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah your right we can all fish landbased if we want but I still think an extra 10cm for landbased is to much but thats what the set rules were i agreed to at the start as was the species list which was also clearly set, i'm not the one trying to add barra into a billfish round. As for shady they should be doulbled having to put up with the other 70 odd boats,its not like were fishing in some remote untouched waterways full of barra!

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:45 am
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by ponyplay » Sun May 12, 2013 6:22 pm

trent wrote:Yeah your right we can all fish landbased if we want but I still think an extra 10cm for landbased is to much but thats what the set rules were i agreed to at the start as was the species list which was also clearly set, i'm not the one trying to add barra into a billfish round. As for shady they should be doulbled having to put up with the other 70 odd boats,its not like were fishing in some remote untouched waterways full of barra!
ha ha only suggested it cause we have no pelagics over this way, and id like to keep competing in comp . You seem to have bit bee in ya bonet trent, or is this ya game face nothing wrong with being competitive :wink:


But to be fare the rules where set at start, if its going to upset a few people let it be just suggestion :mrgreen:

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 3115
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Darwin

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by cuddlescooper » Sun May 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Yep. This question was posed at the start of the comp and it was voted that it be left as a all fish round not just barra. If you put any more barra rounds in it is stacked for the best barra fisherman and no body else. If this was the case you are just running a comp the same as the nats, classic or dare I say it the barrra Seriess. As it is with five barra rounds it is stacked that way. In my view to be a sea dog you should be able to catch all species and not just the one! and the question has to be asked, Why Barra???????? :lol:

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:45 am
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by ponyplay » Sun May 12, 2013 9:45 pm

cuddlescooper wrote:Yep. This question was posed at the start of the comp and it was voted that it be left as a all fish round not just barra. If you put any more barra rounds in it is stacked for the best barra fisherman and no body else. If this was the case you are just running a comp the same as the nats, classic or dare I say it the barrra Seriess. As it is with five barra rounds it is stacked that way. In my view to be a sea dog you should be able to catch all species and not just the one! and the question has to be asked, Why Barra???????? :lol:
trent wrote:Yeah your right we can all fish landbased if we want but I still think an extra 10cm for landbased is to much but thats what the set rules were i agreed to at the start as was the species list which was also clearly set, i'm not the one trying to add barra into a billfish round. As for shady they should be doulbled having to put up with the other 70 odd boats,its not like were fishing in some remote untouched waterways full of barra!
Arrr don't listen to them matt they are scared of a bit competition, a true sea dog would step up to the plate. They have the option to fish for barra just trying to handicap a few competitors :fu: :fu: :jester: all though sum of us have been called handicaped in the past

User avatar
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 14117
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 9:30 am
Location: Somewhat Southerly
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by Matt Flynn » Sun May 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Sounds good, would rather leave it as is than chop and change, at least it's been put out there.

I'm still liking the idea of Barra and Billfish in October ... it is a damn good barra month to waste.

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 3115
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Darwin

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by cuddlescooper » Mon May 13, 2013 10:25 am

ponyplay wrote:[

Arrr don't listen to them matt they are scared of a bit competition, a true sea dog would step up to the plate. They have the option to fish for barra just trying to handicap a few competitors :fu: :fu: :jester: all though sum of us have been called handicaped in the past
I think you should be handicapped for being allowed to fish in that place! Great barra fishing and 5 rounds of it :banghead:, the best powertail lake in the world :banghead: Qld groper a plenty in the rivers :banghead: Jewfish in the rivers :banghead:. Why would you be remotely worried about a bloddy mac or sailfish especially when billfish points are halved! Need a 3m billie to make it really worth chasing one! :banghead:

I don't think we have a chance PP and you want more barra rounds! :lol: :fu:

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Seadogs 2013 - archived”