FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

User avatar
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by blw » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Nick.P wrote::idea: Well going on the rule the a barra is measured from the tip of the jaw to
the outside curve of the tail, i got this mutant 65cm specimen at sand groves creek on a bomber.
:D :D :bricks:
wtf is that thing haha. Too much poo in the harbour lol



john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:29 am
Location: darwin/jabiru

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by john d » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Made the attempt to get a sail on sat and hit north gutter in the morning.
Could not raise a fiish trawled around the tuna schools for most of the morning but no takers.
Plenty of birds working but not much on the surface at fenton
Bit choppy on the morning after the storm but calmed out aroung lunch.
Headed home at WOT speed to give the boat a run as it is only the fourth time on the water this year and ran out of fuel 50m from east arm boat ramp. :shock:
Got to sort out a fuel guage :bonk:
:cheers:

DF140A
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:13 pm
Location: Darwin

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by DF140A » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:03 pm

That's deformed :?

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 3611
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:25 am
Location: Darwin

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by jeffish » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am

0.0.0 at nth gutter sunday . Did about 3 hrs just too bloooody hot . Drifted over a few good lumps only to get smoked by some very big guns,,
Only saw a few tuna bust ups and most of the birds just sitting on the water .

cheers

User avatar
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 2711
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:46 pm

51 Shoal Bay

Post by theodosius » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Good water clarity despite the rain. Biggest of 6 landed this morning. Dropped a 70 trying to net it, couldn't rustle up a deckhand!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
sarrge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Millner
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by sarrge » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:09 am

SWA with everything except a brag mat - Thanks Mud!!!

Lucky I had the tape!

I'm calling it an 85 but Matt can decide.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I used to have a handle on life.......then it broke.

User avatar
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 3596
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:47 pm
Location: Darwin
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by Mud » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:17 am

sarrge wrote:SWA with everything except a brag mat - Thanks Mud!!!

Lucky I had the tape!

I'm calling it an 85 but Matt can decide.....
Hey I found your brag mat in my shed......can you stop leaving your shite around my joint
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...

User avatar
sarrge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Millner
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by sarrge » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Mud wrote: Hey I found your brag mat in my shed......can you stop leaving your shite around my joint
Must have fallen out of the boat when you borrowed it :)
I used to have a handle on life.......then it broke.

Polycrafty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 am

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by Polycrafty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Just legal in East Arm but hey no donut!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Josh
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by Josh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:36 pm

63cm caught on a storm, landbased at the same location as my last fish
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stormboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:54 am

FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by stormboy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:22 am

jeffish wrote:Not having a go at anyone ,good luck

Maybe run a Bluewater comp and a separate Barra comp next year. :D

Great idea, I'd be interested in entering if this were to happen, for the Bluewater side that is.

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 3115
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Darwin

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by cuddlescooper » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:55 pm

The comp is fine the way it is in my view but requires more of variety rather then half of the comp being Barra. There are dedicated barra comps out there, there are dedicated bluewater comps out there. There aren't many comps other then (fly fishing mob) that have a multi species comp. It makes you learn how to fish for all different species and will find the true all round fisherman as apposed to the better barra fisho's, that already been done in other comps. 3 or 4 barra rounds would be fine but when you can take out the whole comp only catching one species it becomes boring and bordering on unfair to a lot of people. IMHO :mrgreen:

User avatar
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Humpty Doo NT

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by Agent86 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm with you cuddles

Definitely more fun trying for different species

I reckon 1 of them should include bream!

Plenty of them up here, can get em in a boat and landbased
They eat lures and bait, good all round fish, and they grow to 1.5kg

Good fun on light line and all round Australia!

Barra are too easy! Fair enough the big ones are harder to come by, but if you can easily fish the right spot, you will get them all the time!
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:45 am
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by ponyplay » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 pm

cuddlescooper wrote:The comp is fine the way it is in my view but requires more of variety rather then half of the comp being Barra. There are dedicated barra comps out there, there are dedicated bluewater comps out there. There aren't many comps other then (fly fishing mob) that have a multi species comp. It makes you learn how to fish for all different species and will find the true all round fisherman as apposed to the better barra fisho's, that already been done in other comps. 3 or 4 barra rounds would be fine but when you can take out the whole comp only catching one species it becomes boring and bordering on unfair to a lot of people. IMHO :mrgreen:

Well at least we are not crying about the 10cm landbased rule this week :moon:

and bream :? :? come on the heat acts in different ways this time year :roll:

DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Posts: 2447
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 9 - Barra & Billfish

Post by DOUG » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:34 pm

ponyplay wrote:
cuddlescooper wrote:The comp is fine the way it is in my view but requires more of variety rather then half of the comp being Barra. There are dedicated barra comps out there, there are dedicated bluewater comps out there. There aren't many comps other then (fly fishing mob) that have a multi species comp. It makes you learn how to fish for all different species and will find the true all round fisherman as apposed to the better barra fisho's, that already been done in other comps. 3 or 4 barra rounds would be fine but when you can take out the whole comp only catching one species it becomes boring and bordering on unfair to a lot of people. IMHO :mrgreen:

Well at least we are not crying about the 10cm landbased rule this week :moon:

and bream :? :? come on the heat acts in different ways this time year :roll:
:) :) :) bream :)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Seadogs 2013 - archived”