Trip out in the old girl

natural sparks
Seadog
Seadog

Trip out in the old girl

Post by natural sparks »

The family has decided that i should take them all to Port augusta and Adelaide for a couple of weeks and i have never driven this stretch of the No 1 before....

Does anyone have any hot tips on where and where not to stay(we have to stay in PA so leave that one out :lol: )on the way down. We have a night in Coober with family and want a night in alice so whats good in between here and Alice

We want short days in the car as 2 kids under 2 have short travel time spans trying for 8hr max

Any way i will be fishing out of my old boat which is now owned by another family member (sort of) and i hope to post up some snapper reports and im not sure but hopefully some big blue swimmers and razor fish too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

When I grow up I can't wait to be a grown up...........
jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimbobbolty »

I know whyalla is a bit of a detour but there is a sandbar near a place called point lowly which is just infested with razor fish, crabs and scollops when we went there in 2007 im not to good on directions but you just drive down the explosion track past all the shacks and its a big sandbar bout 30m out only knee deep water so its pretty safe. Also whyalla snapper fishing is awesome
Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
stl-dizy

Post by stl-dizy »

Tennant Creek?
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

Tennant Creek is an easy strike in a day and that leaves a nice 5 hoyr trip to alice the next day. The Outback caravan park on Peko Road has good cabins and they have nice facilities. Most of the motels are getting tired but okay. Golfields pub also has some accommodation but I'm not sure about family size rooms. The Safari Lodge motel is not too bad as well. cheers
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I stay at the Bluestone in TC and the Desert Cave in Coober. Have had no dramas with either.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

Merts.

Their is a place called Candney Road house 80km south of Marla Bore and 150km north of Coober Pedy. Great food and prices, rooms are well equiped and very clean.

When are you leaving? I am driving too Adelaide new years eve. If you go before then, can you give us a hoy on the roads in the red centre in the wake of this rough whether they are expecting.

Have a great holiday with the family.

cheers
Rug.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
natural sparks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by natural sparks »

Well the fishing was put on hold with the chrissie stuff out the way and 2 days of mid to high 40s, a southerly came in at around th 30+ knot range for three days and dropped the temp to a lovely 19 ish(awsome no warm clothes) during day and 10 at night
Went to a couple of land based spots with one of the outlaws and had a great time catching tommys (aust herring) on little softies but with the slight breeze (as above) casting the little tackers was an effort

Rug i gave a call but you were at work mate and i didnt have your work number on me... roads were good no water any where but you could see plenty of it out in the distance pooling all over

We are now in Adelaide and any tips on where to wet a line down here would be awesome

Thanks for all the tips for travelling down
We will stay in coober again at rellos and 2 nights in alice to have a look and a night in katherine with rellos again

cheers for the info fellas :cheers:
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

My favourite land based spot down that way is Rapid Bay. Only an hour or so drive south of Radelaide. One of the best beaches Ive ever seen. And I love eating fresh salt and pepper squid so this spot always produces a few for me. Chuck a squid jig around the jetty and the rocks down near the cave. My mate and I bagged out in about 30mins one day there.

Other than that any of the metro beaches can produce whiting in the early mornings. Saw a massive school of KG's in November in the shallows off Glenelg Jetty in the morning last time I was down there. Apparently the West Lakes inlet produces some good Jewies to those who know what they are doing (not me!). I think the crabs might be around by now as well, Grange Jetty is good for that.
Brent Matthews
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Brent Matthews »

Am in Adelaide at the moment, went out the other day at Vincent and got some nice white. Went just the other day of the bluff Victor about 30 odd km's out and got some nice snapper, but the seas wear horrible. 4 - 5 m swell with 1m chop, made me turn green all day! :P
Cheers
BD

'May your fishing spots be silted and your hooks on backwards'
natural sparks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by natural sparks »

Home sweet home

We did a trip from Craigmore(for anyone who knows or cares) thru Birdwood, Mannum, Murray Bridge, Strathalben(where 4-5 people died in car accidents a day later fooken scarey) on to Goolwa, port Elliot and Victor Harb for the night

Next day off to cape Peron and saw the ferry off to kanga island, up the coast to rapid bay for a couple of minutes squiding(only fishing for a week or so got zip but lots of fresh ink all over) then sprint back to outlaws in Craigmore just in case we missed anything in a day and a night

Great trip home
Green as you just wouldnt believe
The red centre is not red no more its greener than it is up here....

Day trip out to the west of Alice water crossings and flood ways with water every where Im told I got it at its best...

Did this trip with 2 kids under 2 and would not have even known they were there (thank you portable dvd makers) and it was still better than taking them on a plane for even the shortest of flights Thank you car seat makers

Off for a fish (hopefully) this weekend hope i can put up a fishy pick...........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

Ha ha, whats a trip to Adelaide without going to Victor Harbour. Your're not wrong about that desert country. Our drive back last week was a pleasure.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.