St croix rods?

jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

St croix rods?

Post by jonr »

Has anyone used one of these rods. I am looking at a 6.6 spin rod 8-12 pound. They are $130 at fishing and out door world. With life time warrenty!

Keen to hear from anyone tHat has actually used one?

Jon

JEDA1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: St croix rods?

Post by JEDA1 »

Hey jonr I have a 6.6 st croix 4-10 pound spin set up I use it alot in billabongs for barra and it is amazing fairly light set up though with a 2500 ci4 stradic.
Lifetime warranty you can't go wrong and 130 is cheap as what model is it ??
deano
Seadog
Seadog

Post by deano »

i just got a 14-25lb model.... feel great yet to test it on good fish but you cant go past the lifetime warranty no questions asked with charge on change over... means you can lend it to your gumby mates :jester:
Nobby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nobby »

Mate, What model are you tallking about and what do you want to know?

Check the warranty out because ST Croix only have lifetime warranties the rods made a the top 3 blanks and some rods made on the SC 3 blanks. Usually these rods have a much higher price tag that $130. The other rods carry a 5 year warranty.
When your work speaks for it's self, Don't interupt.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Jonr, $130 sound really cheap mate. I have a 6'6 avid inshore spin 12-20 and I paid 3 times that much for it. Diffenitely worth the dollars with the lifetime warranty. In terms of the rod itself, super light and a great action. I use mine as a allrounder for mackies,tuna and gulps to chasing barra in the creeks.

When the rod get a bit old and tired might accidently on purpose give it to one of the kid to stick in the fan :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
xray

Post by xray »

the best rods on the market i have 3 ,and wont use anything else ,i had 1 that the runner fell off i took it back to fishin and outdoor world to get fixed and they gave me a new rod no questions asked ,how good is that
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

I have a St Croix Legend split butt bass rod that is the ducks nuts. Purely for casting though as it is set up for flicking rubbers and light lures. I am fishing 15lb braid on it. It throws light lures a country mile. $130 is cheap deal given what you can pay for different models. You won't be sorry.
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

The only St Croix rods to give you a lifetime warranty are AVID ($380), LEGEND TOURNAMENT ($550), LEGEND ELITE (700ish) & LEGEND EXTREME($800ish). They make other models but they are only 5 year warranty which is pretty decent compared to most other companies and a lot better than paying loomis $150+ for a rod replacement fee.

They are awesome rods I have 4 of them and they are worth every penny especially if you break them. Fishing Outdoor World have honored warranties for me no questions.
palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by palaran »

Custom rod Barra spin 12-25lb was built by a mate
would not hesitate on buying another
LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

I have the Mojo Bass you are talking about, Good rod and has caught tuna to 8kg and macks to a metre. You can drive it like you stole it at that price too.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
seafarer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by seafarer »

get it
"hold on "
makntracks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by makntracks »

I own one i love it. There waranty is great too.
ruti79
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ruti79 »

I have one and I think it is great. can't wait till the runoff..
JEDA1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JEDA1 »

I just got an extreme 6"6
6-12 pound handles alot better compared to my 6"6
4-10 Pounder casts further and is more sensitive great rods for all types of fishing
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

To the people stating they all don't have a lifetime warrenty if that is the case them someone should tell Fishing and outdoor world because they tried selling me the same spin rod and stated it to has a lifetime warrenty. Though it was around $150 but I did not want a 6ft spin as we play with a lot of tuna so went a 7ft t-curve revolution inshore. Felt a lot better in the hand also.