Daiwa Interline Knot

Rhet
Seadog
Seadog

Daiwa Interline Knot

Post by Rhet »

Hi All

I have been using this knot (http://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=5242) for a while now with good success in thinner lines (4-6lb briad to same dia leader), but I've been thinking of giving it a go for my barra fishing, using 20-30lb mainline and 40lb leader.

Has anyone used this, or a similar knot with success?

It's a big change for me away from a Bimini and albright, but I feel the interline style knot will be better for casting. I'm just not sure about its strength and durability. The 'figure 8' in the knot leaves a bit of a bulge, but the overall diameter is considerbaly thinner than the albright, which is where I believe it will be an advantage.

It's the change away from the double in the main line and something new that I'm a bit cautious about. Human nature I guess, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', but I don't want to end up like my old man where you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Comments?

Cheers, Rhet

seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Daiwa Interline Knot

Post by seano »

Try the FG knot, it's the slimmest strongest knot there is.
BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraMick »

is pretty much the "slim beauty" knot from step 1 to 8.
dont need to do the other steps.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

I use the Slim Beauty with my interline,never used a Bimini in my life.
Rhet
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Rhet »

It does seem very similar to the slim beauty, which again is something I haven't used.

The "figure 8" on that doesn't cause any issues through the guides?
BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraMick »

not at all. especally when casting.
the "tags" are at the back of the knot on the slim beauty. so will only "clunk" on retreval.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

with the light gear Im using the 5 turn Surgeons knot works as well but only doing 4 turns ,this knot if it works for you is by far the easiest knot you can use,Google it.
Crusty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crusty »

X 2 for FG knot :applause:
Fly's Eye's..........hangin' out to fish!
smarty
Seadog
Seadog

Post by smarty »

Just thought i`d throw this in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e9XgPsWZao........
Est_1982
Gold Member
Gold Member

Daiwa Interline Knot

Post by Est_1982 »

max wrote:with the light gear Im using the 5 turn Surgeons knot works as well but only doing 4 turns ,this knot if it works for you is by far the easiest knot you can use,Google it.
That knot looks too easy to tie to be any good, have you had any dramas with it?
googz
Seadog
Seadog

Post by googz »

yeah imagine trying to tie that FG knot out on the boat after a few cans, yeaahhhNO
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

I tie the FG knot at home OR if I have time while fishing ,if I need a quick leader knot I will tie a slim beauty.Generally you won't have to tie a leader knot while fishing if you use a FG knot because it's so good if you snag and have to bust of your loop knot will always break first.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Try this one - Locked double sheet knot

Only 5 or 6 turns of single braid so very neat and compact. I gave up with Albrights etc. Too bulky for me and I couldn't get 'em tight and compact.

Small. Strong. No problems in guides.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Ronje
SteveB
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SteveB »

I'm with Seano, I like the FG knot, and back it up with a slim beauty if needed on the boat. Neither have failed on me with a fish and generally the braid breaks at a nick I didn't know I had or the connection knot from the leader to the lure.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~Patrick F. McManus
dingaling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dingaling »

Yeh Rhet I am hearing you there, I have been a bimini and albright man for 15 or more years now and can tie both in the dark in the rain, i dont really want to try to learn something different either but I think i might have to get with the times..........