Curado 200G7

slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Curado 200G7

Post by slug »

I'm needing to replace my 200e5 but have been told they are now superseded with the 200g7 ??

Is this the case, and if so, has anyone with 200e5 experience tried the 200g7 and prepared to give a recommendation - (or not).

mullet93
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Curado 200G7

Post by mullet93 »

i dont have a curado g, but i think they have a few less bearings and stuff in them

if i were you i would just stick with ur e5 and get a service and stuff (unless its completely f**ked)
or go the extra $$ and get the new chronarch.....exactly the same as the curado e series just a fancy new paintjob.

Not to sure about other brands but maybe consider a revo?

anyway just my 2 cents worth :D
ken_dog
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ken_dog »

It is superseded by the g range but you can still get the 5 to 1 ratio, missing two bearings were in the handle paddles
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Mate just got the new revo Mgx and his spool had cracked its been used 2 times noticed a small wobble just took all his line off and the seem has cracked at te base of the spool .. He's spewing !!
Wags
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Wags »

I'm trying to offload a curado 200g7 thats only been used once, spooled, let me know if you're keen. I've got an 200E5 and 200G7 and I have to admit I like the E5 better, but maybe thats just cause its on my G loomis
goveite
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by goveite »

I've been using revos and curado's for the last couple of years, def buy another revo before I'd buy the new G7
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

I'd steer clear of the G range they are made in Malaysia, the chronarchs, core, calais are the only shimano baitcasters made in japan now
Beagle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Beagle »

I got E5 and G7, both on St Croix rods.
I use the G7 and the boy uses the E5 for the slower ratio. I dont mind either of them.
Although I did have to lube up the G7 before use as it was dry straight out of the box.
nagz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nagz »

less bearings in the g7 i believe also. if youre after a new reel that is comparable in quality to the e series, go a new chronarch. it looks like chronarch series has taken a step back to replace the curado e series, and the e series has taken a step back, fallen over and become the g series.

or............check out the daiwa range. t3 looks alright
When asked by a non-fisherman "how many fishing rods do you actually need?", the correct response is either:
A) n+1 (where n is the number if rods you currently have); or

B) n-1 (where n is the number of rods which would cause your other half to dump you)