carbontex drag upgrades

nagz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

carbontex drag upgrades

Post by nagz »

Hi folks,
Just wondering where I could go or who I could see in Darwin to get some carbontex drag washers put into a Calcutta te300 and how much $$$ I'd be looking to outlay?
Cheers

When asked by a non-fisherman "how many fishing rods do you actually need?", the correct response is either:
A) n+1 (where n is the number if rods you currently have); or

B) n-1 (where n is the number of rods which would cause your other half to dump you)
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: carbontex drag upgrades

Post by seano »

FOW mate- around $20 I think.
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

Your other option is to get some split chrome leather (good gardening gloves or hobby shop) and make your own. I know where to get what your after but not here.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

tackle shop at 11 mile
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

Got some here in the workshop if you want them Calcutta te 300 $30
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Get Justin to fit them for you and service your reel at the same time. If you have many reels and the time and patience, you might consider smoothdrag.com for carbontex drag washers and cal's drag grease, and alantani.com for tutorials and schematics.
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

rossco wrote:Your other option is to get some split chrome leather (good gardening gloves or hobby shop) and make your own. I know where to get what your after but not here.
What d ya do then just cut it the same size as the drag that is in the reel what would be the best to use to get maximum drag does anyone know ???
diabolical
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by diabolical »

I paid $18 from mo tackle for a two washer set for a curado200e. Feeling a bit ripped off I
ordered a sheet of carbon fiber 200mm x 300mm x 1mm for $80 (inc $30 handling charges.. grrrrr)
should be able to cut at least 60 odd washers which will more than cover all my reels without carbon
drags already.
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Hey diabolical whered you but the carbon sheet from wouldnt mind cutting some myself. Already got hole punches. Which is about all you need to make em
The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
nagz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nagz »

Keep me posted Davyd.
$18.00 doesn't sound too bad to what I have seen, nearly half price
When asked by a non-fisherman "how many fishing rods do you actually need?", the correct response is either:

B) n-1 (where n is the number of rods which would cause your other half to dump you)
Deigs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Deigs »

frenchy down the tackle box has them only paid about 20 for my curado 300
diabolical
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by diabolical »

just did a search online -carbon fiber sheets . site was for hobbies and model planes. info on my old computer but i will let you know when the stuff arrives.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

For those of you that have no mechanical apptitude and expensive reels I suggest you get someone at your local tackle store to replace your drag washers for you
as it could cost you more if you make mistakes rebuilding your reel .
Better to be safe and out fishing than to be sorry sitting around waching the tele or buying a new reel
For those that have enough reels to warrant buying a sheet of carbon fibre and are capable of making the washers without splitting them
Here is a link for you

http://www.carbonfiber.com.au/category1_1.htm
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
nagz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nagz »

also just found some carbon fibre sheeting, 110mm x 220mm and 1mm thick for $20.00 posted to your door from downriggershop.com.au
they even give you step by step instructions on installation (spin reels only)

cheers

DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Chuck up the link I have a jig reel a wanna do a drag upgrade in what would be the best stuff to use for maximum drag doesn't have to be smooth just on a bottom bashing rod where ya run them full locked up
nagz wrote:also just found some carbon fibre sheeting, 110mm x 220mm and 1mm thick for $20.00 posted to your door from downriggershop.com.au
they even give you step by step instructions on installation (spin reels only)

cheers