Introducing FAD # 3 FV Van Bruggen's Dream

Scuttlers of FFF unite and show us your sinkings!
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

The time has come to send another broken dream down to Davey Jones's Locker. I apologise for the delay in informing the forum members but the project was underwraps until milestones were achieved in terms of approvals and finance etc.

The hull was kindly donated to the artificial reef system at Lee Point. Additions to these reefs usually lays within the responsibilities of the governments Fisheries Recreational Unit. As keen Fisho's sometimes oppurtunites arrise where we can work together with this department to kick some goals by expanding the reef system thus creating more room for everyone to enjoy these outstanding FAD's.

Introducing 'FV Van Bruggen's Dream'. It will form part of the new location for the Mick Clancy memorial Reef, which will be located approx 100m north of the Rick Mills site. The original Mick Clancy site has been abandoned as the hull has broken up from the impact with the sea floor from the sinking and anchor damage. The sea floor around the Rick Mills is mostly sand which provides a harder surface for heavy structures to rest on.

This new hull is 15m long, weights 16 tons and being made of steel will have a long useful life as a FAD. The bare hull has been modified by 2rods, Jasonmcc, Warren Clancy and Matt Flynn to include 3 dimentional structures and 'swim throughs' which attacts more bait fish thus more predators. It also has many enclosed area's to support the long term resident species.

The scuttling date is Wednesday 2nd July. We expect the hull will be floated off Vesty's Beach at 1600 and to be in position to scuttle by around 1730-1800.

any enquires please PM BarraBeast.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BarraBeast on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

Congrats to Beastie and all in involved, :clap: you guys are legends of the sea. :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Brad
><((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ...NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by pagey »

Great news Guys. Im begining to believe nothing is safe from you BB. :lol: :lol:

Pagey
a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

A few hard hours of hot dirty work but it will be worth it in the end.. more homes for jewies can't be a bad thing can it :fishy: :catch: :catch:

I am looking forward to this one going down to the bottom. one more broken dream gone :mrgreen:

There will be a very special addition to the bow sprite on sinking day too... it would be worth the arvo off just to see it...trust me :angel: :angel:

By the way where is the next one....I am on a roll with this oxy set and welder :twisted: :twisted:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Hell Yeah

Post by jasonmcc »

Cant wait for this one to hit the bottom, because its an ugly bugger. I had a great time welding some of the "Art-work" on the deck, plenty of hidey holes for fish.

Cheers

Jason
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

This one's a real credit to you Beastie, but I still think you should have just painted it and put an outboard on the back :grin:

Anyone going to look at it don't wear old Crocs because the three-corner jacks growing all around go right through the soles :evil:

2rods, Wazza and Jasonmcc did the good work, it's going to be a good mackerel troll and a cod/jewie hole. There's room inside for two VW-sized gropers.

I'm there for sinking day, I can't wait, what a fantastic new wreck :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Great stuff guys. This wreck sinking thing is seriously addictive though. Going through the preliminary stages of planning a FFF Pilbara sinking. Got a long way to go but getting there slowly. :wink: :wink: :cheers:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Nive work all. :applause:
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

On YA!!!! boys job well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Look forward to the video of the sinking still chuckling over the last one :smile: :smile: :smile: :wink: :wink:
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

Love that last pic of 2rods!! Could give me nightmares :rofl: All ready feeling a little sick might have to have that day off :captain:
Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....
Gibbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbo »

Well done fella,s :bow: :bow: :bow:
have that day off might try and get there for the sinking
cheers :drinking1: :drinking2: :drinking3:
FISHING IS LIFE
----------------------
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Scuttling...

Post by fishfanatic »

well seeing how I probably wont get too much sleep from the night of July 1 (cracker night) :grin: :grin: I may as well go. Be nice to see a new addition to the reef.
Thanks go to all those whose hard work contributed to this venture... :clap: :clap: :clap:

sorry 2rods but you look like Biggles in that last photo mate... :lol:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

BIGGLES :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

We also need to mention that Kieth Daly gave us his full oxy bottles so we could cut the holes in it...he might be working in QLD but his heart is here in the NT :mrgreen:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Petto
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Petto »

unreal work guys, being in katherine i wont be fishing it anytime soon but its a credit to all involved.

it would make interesting reading as a story in the next fishing nt mag, i would love to hear how it came about the theory behind the altercations to attract fish and how the sinking went and then maybe even some info on how it is sitting on the bottom etc..

forgive me but how do you go about sinking it in the best position ie upright or on the side etc... it sounds like a mission.

petto
Work to Live, dont live to Work.
Harty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Harty »

Hi fellas,

Great work!! A project like that is a credit to everyone involved. 8-) 8-) 8-) If you have any projects like that coming up I have plenty of tools/equipment and a little bit of time and a couple of skills :roll: that I can donate so dont hesitate to contact :mrgreen:

Harty