Perons and crab pots

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
craigk82

Perons and crab pots

Post by craigk82 »

Hey guys I'm heading down to perons for the first time on Monday. Just wondering if I should throw some crab pots in ? If so, some hints of where to place them would be great! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barrabustin
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Perons and crab pots

Post by barrabustin »

Worth taking them, just try use small amount of baits as every time I load them up crocs smash them got 4 in 2 pots last weekend
4reel
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by 4reel »

Craig, depends how keen you are, if your heading to the creeks around Dundee way little Finniss etc . Yeah why not, but if you are blue water fishing I wouldn't bother, just more hassle trying to do both. But if you do any of the creeks along the way along point blaze are good just take care getting into the creeks being shallow and the odd rock, around south peron is ok too but retrieving the pots on low tide is a hassle, good luck great place to fish you won't be disappointed.
Chubbs93
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chubbs93 »

Sth side of sth peron mate always crabs there just put of oyster rocks
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Chubbs93 wrote:Sth side of sth peron mate always crabs there just put of oyster rocks
We usually drop 4-5 wire pots around there with some good results.

It a long way to go from Dundee with pot bouncing around on deck. We dump them in first up and pull them just before we head home. Nothing worst them stinky bait juices and mud on your boat when you camping a couple night on the boat.
craigk82

Post by craigk82 »

Awesome guys thanks heaps for your help, see how I go tomorrow I'll let yous know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk