Dundee ramp

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Dundee ramp

Post by Gibbsy »

Hi guys I know it's probably been covered couldn't find anything though. Just wondering how the ramp is and what's the lowest stage of tide to launch comfortably. Missus is hum bugging me to take her and kids out on 2ND of Sept. Weather dependant will be taking 5.35m seaJay. May also have a mate bringing a 490 top ender. Only ever used tractor launch when Jethro was still working haven't been there since. Backup is heading north or if weather is crud may end up at corroboree. Also any tips for the dead near tides usually hit up long lost, bowra and blaze but on bigger tides.

Cheers
Gibbsy

Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dundee ramp

Post by Quinntreximon »

Mate the ramp is fine on any tide, the neaper the tide the wider u go. Just my opinion
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Just be careful on really low tides with sand buildup. There was a build up of sand on the right hand side heading down.
I couldn’t get traction even when I broke thru the sand down to the concrete.
Had to drop the boat off and move to the other side. Is should be ok in a tinny though
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Thanks guys much appreciated. I did hear about the sand issue. I think if weather plays the game I'm just going to have to try get down there earlier.

Cheers
Gibbsy
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

nomad wrote:Just be careful on really low tides with sand buildup. There was a build up of sand on the right hand side heading down.
I couldn’t get traction even when I broke thru the sand down to the concrete.
Had to drop the boat off and move to the other side. Is should be ok in a tinny though
Sounds like the maintenance contractor is not doing the job he is paid by the tax payer to do.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.