Darwin Harbour weird fish

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Darwin Harbour weird fish

Post by Agent86 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:17 pm

A great spot the harbour for finding all sorts
Just love going for a cruise and trying different things, always find something

Great pics ninjafish

If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!

NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 am

The Ray on that occasion was Middle Arm North of Sand Island.

Nothing surprises me in the harbour and have also caught Macks in close in very shallow water but there's usually deep water nearby. If you fish shallow on the high and deep on the low you soon learn their hunting ground around the structure closer to shore.

I'm with Agent86. If I want a feed I'll go get one, the rest of the time is exploring.

Gibbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Gibbsy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:17 pm

Yeah I hear ya, was about half tide out at the same area you took photo of manta ray. Great pics ninjafish

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Nailed this on the troll at Bynoe today. Anybody who knows what it is please chime in with an ID.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Zoomed in on it for you, and lightened it a little.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:25 am

Eye see it better now :rofl:

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:11 pm

:lolpoint: Bit bored are ya Matt... perhaps you should get off the couch and go fishing. . then put up a post for us. :naughty:

Whilst not from the harbour this one was from the Wiltshire creeks area and the 2nd is a pretty sh#tty picture :banghead: of one out of the pod of a few dolphins playing with a screenshot from the movie I'd taken earlier. Just a couple more of my pictures to add to the collection of random stuff you don't see every day. :captain:

Prop strike mullet which was still swimming around just fine with a pretty major wound and a dolphin who was having a great time well up inside number 1 Wiltshire miles from the actual ocean. :D
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:32 pm

Blue Spotted Maskray caught last night.

Feisty little bugger flapping like no tomorrow and flicking his barbed tail way over his head like a stock whip.

Return to “Bluewater”