Albino powertails !!!

Words hardly describe the feelings when sighting colour from a trophy powertail
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Albino powertails !!!

Post by 2rods »

got some ordinary pictures of a not so ordinary fish...an albino powertail...not just one of them but a school of them. Maybe they are not albino..just white??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

that's scary 2rods :o, where were the pics taken if you dont mind me asking?
Image Image
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

meter_seeker wrote:that's scary 2rods :o, where were the pics taken if you dont mind me asking?
Singapore zoo :mrgreen: and when you see 100 of them in a pond it is scary..so many fine fighting fish in one area and not a line or a lure allowed..
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
dogtooth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albino Powertail

Post by dogtooth »

Hi,

Been to Spore zoo and saw fish too.javascript:emoticon(':grin:') It is also known as albino patin. A fresh water fish, omnivorous, that is a close relative of the giant mekong Powertail, found throughout southeast asia and a common food fish there.

Patin fights very well but they don't grow to the size of the giant mekong Powertail. I have landed a 30kg mekong Powertail on popping gear and let me tell you, if you lock your drag, you are going in for swim.javascript:emoticon(':o')

Do a search on "patin" in fishingkaki forum and you can find out some juicy bits on this fish.

Cheers
Doggie

[/img]
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Here's a pic of a half white powertail I landed and didn't release in time to escape the photo opportunity. It was caught at the top of the wildman river during last year's runoff. Ugly buggers and there were more than one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dogtooth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dogtooth »

HI 2rods,

That's a Patin on lure, the non-albino version you saw at the zoo....and the other is a Mekong Powertail...

Cheers