2010 Saltwater Fly Fishing Challenge

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Held from Crab Claw Island Fisherman's Village at Bynoe Harbour.
The challenge is to catch seven species of fish in three days.
Held annually by Darwin Flyrodders Club. This is a measure-and-release competition where the aim is to catch each of seven target species - queenfish, trevally, mackerel, barramundi, tarpon, snapper and salmon, all of which require the anglers to seek out the species at different stages of the tide. Anglers have three days to fish, with only two people per boat. Points accumulate for the capture of each species and the fish caught are scored on a centimetre-per-point basis.

Buckaneer2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 2010 Saltwater Fly Fishing Challenge

Post by Buckaneer2 »

Matt Flynn wrote:2010 Saltwater Fly Fishing Challenge

Held from Crab Claw Island Fisherman's Village at Bynoe Harbour.
The challenge is to catch seven species of fish in three days.
Held annually by Darwin Flyrodders Club. This is a measure-and-release competition where the aim is to catch each of seven target species - queenfish, trevally, mackerel, barramundi, tarpon, snapper and salmon, all of which require the anglers to seek out the species at different stages of the tide. Anglers have three days to fish, with only two people per boat. Points accumulate for the capture of each species and the fish caught are scored on a centimetre-per-point basis.

Hi guys I have fished this comp a few times & it sure teaches you a lot about saltwater fly & Bynoe Harbour.
A small correction Matt. The challange is to catch the seven nominated species each of the three days. trhere is also bonus points for catching 3 species & then more for each species up to the 7.

Anyone interested check out darwinflyrodders.org.au
Smile, be happy & go fishing.

Work is getting in the way of my fishing.
My boss says fishing is getting in the way of my work.
I will soon fix both of our problems by quitting.
Mickfly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mickfly »

I have been in the Darwin Flyrodders club now for two years. Not taking part in the Saltwater comp this year but would like to give it a plug anyway. The club does a great job :applause: