Who says you cant teach on old dog new tricks

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
double haul

Who says you cant teach on old dog new tricks

Post by double haul »

After 3 trips n me nearly looseing my voice its finaly starting to happen.
The old fella is getting of his arse n have a crack. 1 thing ive worked out with these pesky sails is if there not agro or starveing they can be quite inquisivite. So it stands to reason if the fish pops up behind your teasers or lures n dont do anything you have to drop a bait on there head to cause a reaction. The most important thing ive been trying to drum into the old mans head is STAND UP N WATCH. This trip started as most do with a small bite window that started to hot up once he started to play the game. After trolling around for while looking at fish sitting below bait balls n looking out the back at a fish hovering behind the squid i promptly told him pay attention or we were heading back in and no more billie trips for him. :evil:

10 minutes later n he screams sails on the teasers n jumps to the rod. Thats a bit better i say to myself. By days end another lesson has been learned (not just for him but me to) i need to buy him a hearing aid :rofl: turns out most of the sh*t that comes out of my mouth he cant hear out on the blue.

Tally was 8 raised 6 strikes 4 hooked 3 taged. 2 to the old fat 1 to me, 104 140 n 150 lower jaw fork length. Have a gander at the shot taken while pitching, this is a common sight a fish just hovering behind the squid.
Not a lot to look at i know but if ya not looking for them you wont see them. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

G'day DH,
Nice to see you are getting onto a few, nice photo of the raised fish by the way!
Cheers, :cheers:
John.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hey Double Haul,

Nice photos!
Did you use the polarizer?
:wink:

Your old man must be happy as!
:mrgreen:
Good on you for that.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

great pics and read mate
bandit

Post by bandit »

the fff billfish guru strikes again 8-) he dosnt know how to trim his beard but he can sure catch a saily :bow:
i gotta get my poop together and come with you. frig the barra. :mrgreen:
:drinking1:
double haul

Post by double haul »

yep Pecheur we had cloud cover for most of the day, so what ya looking at was the same as with sunnies on, bandit you feeling sick. :rofl:
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by luvindafish »

Nice work. Yes they dont always stick their bills and sails out. Sometimes its just a dark shadow in the water as with you photo. Im having withdrawals. I need to see sails. Is there anything more exciting. I think not :captain:
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Love your work Chicken and Rice. :drinking1:
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

well done mate, ive never caught a billy before so i can only hope too. story had me smiling with the waty ya told it :applause:
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing