Tassie delights

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Tassie delights

Post by max »

This 8 kg cray was caught on the east coast of Tassy and is perched on a full sized diving tank the smaller one is legal size also
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Yeezuz :shock:

I was looking at the price of frozen craytails down there (when it was off season for crays) and they weren't cheap. None were anywhere close to that size.

I asked the lady at the Stanley Aquarium what the giant crabs taste like and she looked at me kinda blankly, and said: "Crab."
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

we used to be given the giant crabs by the fisherman back home when they were worth nothing but they get good bucks for them now ,the meat it quite sweet probably more like a muddy than cray.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Is that a mutant?
Or do they really grow that big if left alone long enough?
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

there would be a few around that big mate but at that size I doubt very much they would go or fit in a pro cray trap,this one here photo taken on mobile ph. was caught by my cousin a pro. cray fisherman on King Is.its just under 6kg its the biggest hes seen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.