Darwin to Dundee Transfers or nearby

jasbags
Silver Member
Silver Member

Darwin to Dundee Transfers or nearby

Post by jasbags »

Hi all

We are coming up to NT from SA in April and one of my mates is flying in from Singapore. Our first stop will be Dundee Beach.

Does anyone know of any transfers between Darwin airport and dundee?? If not Dundee, anywhere close by?

If there is nothing of this sort available, does anyone know of any bus services that could possibly drop him off near Noonamah or somewhere like that before the turn-off from the highway?

In short, we are just looking to see if there is anyway to avoid driving all the way into Darwin to pick him up!! :)

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Cheers / Jason

May the fish be with you........
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Definitely no bus services that I know of head out to Dundee... I imagine you could get a taxi but would cost a fortune! Best bet would be to see if anyone from here is heading down that way on the day he gets in and ask for a lift? Better hope its a weekend though and early in the morning...

He shouldn't have too much trouble getting to Noonamah or Berry Springs if you can get him from there?

Cheers
Moonman!
:cheers:
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Could he get a hire car (4WD) at the airport and a map to get him to Dundee? It will be an eye opener for him :grin:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

Hi Jasbags, why not send Geoff Corry an email or PM. He runs a guide operation out there and you may be lucky and find he has to transport a person/group from Darwin that day, and may have a spare seat??
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

I travel down every weekday arvo around 3-4 ish to Acacia Hills , depending on time/day I could drop him of for ya.
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
jasbags
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by jasbags »

thanks for all the replys guys......my mate is arriving early on Sunday 18th. We are driving from Alice on Sunday morning so won't get into Darwin until the evening.

I might give that guide a call to see if he has a car running with any spare seats.

Thanks again / Jason
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

Are you paying for accomodation down there? If so, speak to the operator and explain your situation. They might be able to bring him out when they have to go to town or get him put on one of thier deliveries.

A carton of p!ss as payment works wonders for favours like that up here, well it used to. :idea:
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
jasbags
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by jasbags »

definately worth a go.......geez we would be happy to pay someone a couple of cartons of p*ss for the ride!! :)