Finally thank Monduran

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
gusart
Silver Member
Silver Member

Finally thank Monduran

Post by gusart »

after years of trying at Awoonga with a pb of 98.5cm I finally cracked the metre club at Monduran last sept. using a barrabait so now the monkey is finally off my back

Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dex38 »

Nice fish gusart.
:clap:
What about sharing the story behind the photo. Looks like a guide put you onto the fish? A picture is worth a thousand words they say, but a bit of an insight into catching these impoundment barra would be great.

Thanxs

Dex
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Alright!!! Gusart thats a cracker! The sort of fish you want to have somewhere in your fishing bag of memories.

Would love to hear the story of how you got her (him..impounded) and how the fight went!

Well done mister!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
gusart
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by gusart »

no guide was fishing with a friend of mine Danny , after a fishless week at Awoonga we decided to give Monduran a few days . On the first outing another mate was trolling the main basin when he hooked up big time but alas after 10 minutes he pulled the hooks it wasn't until the next afternoon with a storm brewing in the backround we decided to give the other side a go , so it was a bit nervous ,graphite rods , aluminium boats and lightning definately don't mix ! On the very first run I got what st first felt like a snag when the water exploded 50 ft behind the boat and I was losing line .Trying to keep the rod tip in the water and as gently as I could I managed to turn the fish and started to gain line with all the usual fears going through my mind (worrying about knots etc)the 20min. fight felt like hours and after an initial missed net shot saw her on board ! Looking at the lure all 3 trebles were crushed and the bib was cracked halfway through I thanked all the fishing gods and released the fish and changed lures so after a relaxing/nerve settling it was back into it with another 95cm barra on the very next run but with the pressure of a fishless week and a metrery under my belt this one was boated very confidantly and released straight away . the next day we suffered a wind change and the fishing shut down so it was decided to call it a day and now I sit back and realise how lucky I was and just how quickly your fishing fortunes can change but I'll never forget the moment when she first erupted at the back of the boat when I watched her swim away ready to fight again :drinking1:
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

*chuckle* Well told gusart. Makes me want to get out again and try for my metery!
Cheers
Mud :applause:
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

Good onya mate awesome effort great when it pays off. :mrgreen:
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Well done mate ,its a moment you wont forget I bet :mrgreen: