Nov/Dec/Jan 2009-10 NTMAG is out

North Australian FISH FINDER TM is printed again in 2024.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Nov/Dec/Jan 2009-10 NTMAG is out

Post by Matt Flynn »

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Cheques and mags are being posted to all writers today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

Hey Matt

great read as always. Liked the article about the red crabs. I thought it was only me that thought they were nuts. There is on particular gutter in Bynoe Harbour that you are just about gaurunteed to catch one must be a haven for them.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

I've since been told the red ones aren't as tasty as the green ones, although there is some debate about whether this is because of local habitat, or the crabs themselves, coz the less tasty ones have been from the Kimberley.
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

I have always found they are chocker block full but never noticed any difference in taste :chef2: :chef2: :chef2: :chef2:
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Matt, I just got back from Darwin and picked up the latest Mag. :coffee: First articles I read were Rosscos and Johns boat misfortunes. Awsome read and cant wait to read the next edition to see what happens next.

As i said and awsome read, but I am sorry about the poor FFFers misfortunes, and am glad you fellas lived to tell the story. :mrgreen:

After reading it, I was not to keen to get out on the water :rofl:

Dingo
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

After reading it, I was not to keen to get out on the water
Thanks for the kind review :mrgreen:

Boat sinkings are a topic that won't be covered too often, although both stories were quite long and have been continued in the next edition :captain:

I think there is a good message in both stories about having safety gear stowed in a handy place, rather than buried in the bow or under hatches, and have a waterproof container for the satphone etc :sailing:
timwicks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by timwicks »

Hi Matt,
after hearing this story first hand from Jonr I went out and bought a couple of items I didn't already have. One point he made that has stuck with me is to have my safety gear in a sealed container that you keep close by, rather than under a hatch. Things can go pear shaped very quickly and sometimes you only have time to save yourself :|

I love the mag, only problem is I read it in a week and then have to wait 11 weeks before the next issue. Keep up the good work.

Tim
Wicksy

“I think I got off on the wrong planet. Beam me up Scotty, there's no rational life here."
--- Robert Anton Wilson
Dyslexics Of The World Untie.
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Interesting.....I was just looking at waterproof grab bags at BCF, will follow that up!
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

The Nov/Dec/Jan NTMAG will go off sale from newsagents shortly so get it while you can or order here ...

http://www.fishfinderbooks.com/product_ ... cts_id/180

Feb/Mar/Apr 2010 NTMAG edition is out soon :mrgreen:

I am now accepting stories and pictures for the 2010 dry season NTMAG edition, email me any stories or ideas at [email protected] :mrgreen: