Dragging baits around Gove

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
fly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dragging baits around Gove

Post by fly »

Last week we fished the Carlton vb NT Billfish championshipn hosted by Gove game fishing club. We headed up to Wilberforce which is 20 miles NW of Gove harbour and started fishing by 10 o' clock we tagged our first fish a marlin around 27kgs :clap: on 15 a good start for the comp and that was the only fish we raised for day 1.
Day 2 saw us fishing over a couple nice bait balls we raised a nice sail but couldn't set the hook. 15 min later we raised another sail and set the hook on nice fish around 23kgs. :mrgreen: and again that was last fish we raised all day.
Day 3 we found a nice colour change fish it hard for 4hours before raising 2 sail dropping both fish :banghead:
Day 4 we started fishing in front of No Name bay over few bait balls and 1/2 hour later we tagged a small marlin around 18kgs (125 cm) which turn out to be winning fish for us :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Top results guy,s :mrgreen:
Nice fish
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Congrats on three great fish and a great result :cheers:
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

Well done good to see you got amongst them..... 8-) 8-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
Balls
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Balls »

G'day Fly

Congratulations on the win, its a great area, we fished it a couple of years ago & stayed on the Islands, have to get back there one day & fish it again, cheers Balls.
SCURVY DOG
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Nice work over there Fly! God to get a few on board and take it out...
Might have to give up this barra gig and head out wide for some of that action! 8-)

Cheers
Moonman
:drinking1:
fly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fly »

Thanks Moonman,balls,andrew,faulksy&john I will be moving back to Gove next month so i will be slowing down chasing barra and get back into my blue water fishing again . I will miss the barra fishing the Daly. So if any FFF fisho make it over here give me email so we can go for a fish :drinking1:
tightlines
Mark