Whiting etc

chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Whiting etc

Post by chanos »

Well everyone, even though its vastly different fishing here I have been having some fun. Getting the boat out 2--3 time a week and so glad the base here has it's own ramp. The public ramps are a nightmare. Whiting are firing up and have been doing a bit of different stuff compared to what the locals reckon. They are just so focused on whiting snapper and squid. The area I am fishing is a small inlet off Westernport Bay at the Navy base and it has all the species here "IF" you target them. There are EP's but no luck yet as well as Jewies, dropped one 2 weeks ago on a livie and had the missus as a witness, locals won't believe they are in here and I am happy with that. Missus even caught a nice pinkie the other day whilst chasing whiting. Have got a nice spot for squid on the incoming tide and how easy is that, just put the jigs under a float and wait whilst having a coffee.
Anyway, heaps more to explore and its coming good so far. Albeit am missing Darwin badly.

Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

good to hear from you Chanos and that you are still wetting a line is there any rivers or creeks there Im guessing there are bream around and they are good to catch they seem to like them little metal vibes as do the jewies :mrgreen:
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

G'day Chanos, Have you tried chasing whitting of poppers. Great fun in the shallows :mrgreen:
chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

bream

Post by chanos »

Hi Max and drifter, Bream are fairly uncommon this side of Weaternport Bay but when the weather and tide suits I will be chasing them on the shallow flats at the entrance to this inlet... bl..dy wind eh.
Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.