no weddings but almost a funeral

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

no weddings but almost a funeral

Post by BarraBeast »

just got back from the bottle washer, 4 carat gold baby, 4 carat gold! we both selected 2 gloden trevs each for curries tonight, there was a massive school darting in and out of the structure. never seen than many before.

i was in the boat(forgot my snorkle, which made it difficult in 2 metre seas) rick had just got his 3rh Golden trev when i saw a HUUUUUUGE and i mean Huuuuuge white and grey shape following Rick around. amazing how they can change direction so fast. Rick identified it as a Tiger adn he's pretty sure it took his golden. so he's on the surface, spear gun was unloaded, and thought thre was a manta ray undrneath him. the viz was bad so it must have been humunous, have i said Huuuge yet? OMG it was a fat bastard. Rick has nerves of steel for an old bugger. :bow:

and way Rick, keeps his eye's on it and swims backwards onto the trnsom pod and get out.

I said, :well you "stiff have your fins on, you going to unhook the anchor or what?"he replied with a dark and vacan stare!

it was 5pm and the tiger loko aggitated, time to move to swim another day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Lucky hes a crusty old barstard or that thing would have eaten him for sure :dolphin:
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

think we were pusing the boundries, it was late in the day - there's was golden trevally everywhere, some we speared and that started the dinner bell ringing. even the bat fish were hiding under whatever they could. with bad viz the sharky moo's come in really close to have at look at you.

i'm definetly not talking Jasonmcc into comming out and trying freediving now :roll:
Last edited by BarraBeast on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

so it has taken you this long to work out tht lowranc sounders are cr.p?????

what can I say but "I TOLD YOU SO" :fu:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

2rods wrote: what can I say but "I TOLD YOU SO" :fu:
yes I must self mutilate until I learn :rofl: a cat of nine tales over the shoulder should do the trick. :twisted:
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Anh shark wouldn't have touched him BB, Real Estate agents and sharks are brudders aren't they??? :lol:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: yeah he was probably wearing Greg norman's signature cologne

he todl me he woke up from a nightmare last night, clutching his arms and legs to see if they were still there ! :shock:
Fishful
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fishful »

You got me worried now BB, I was thinking about doing a scuba dive there on the 25 Oct at 9am. :-? (After i come back from my shaol bay overnighter) I used to do a lot of diving down in Victoria (mainly chasing crayfish :lobster: ), but I have not stuck my head under since I have been up here (been here 11 yrs now). Just wanted to see the structure and where the fish hang out, not the sharks. Although where we used to dive in Vic, there were some big white pointer (I consider these the most dangerious sharks by far) that use to hang around the area. It was near a seal colony and you often use to see a dead seal on the beach with a big bite mark out of it. :shock: Not to mention the sqealling noise the crays made when you caught them, which is suppose to attrack sharks. :dolphin: Still not too keen on the big tigers you see up here though, they could cause some damage.
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

punter wrote:Anh shark wouldn't have touched him BB, Real Estate agents and sharks are brudders aren't they??? :lol:

apparantly it's something to do with professional courtesy :wink:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

punter wrote:apparantly it's something to do with professional courtesy :wink:
Punter I resemble that remark.... :fu: :fu: :fu: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Crays sqealing? Ive caught plenty diving on King Island but never heard that, maybe your grabbing them in the wrong spot :shock:
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Fishful wrote: was thinking about doing a scuba dive there on the 25 Oct at 9am.
thats still ok, the more of us in the water the safer it is! :rofl:
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

BarraBeast wrote:
Fishful wrote: was thinking about doing a scuba dive there on the 25 Oct at 9am.
thats still ok, the more of us in the water the safer it is! :rofl:
BB, I watch a few of David Attenborough's documenteries. Have you seen what happens to balled up bait? :o

Can you imagine sharks on 27mhz. "hurry up boys, you should see what's balled up here" :chef2: :chef2: :lol: :lol:
barrapaul
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by barrapaul »

i have also caught plenty of crays on king island and the east coast i am yet to hear one sqealiing.heading back to KI in feb i will be listening though.