East Alligator Metrey's

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
Barralistic
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

East Alligator Metrey's

Post by Barralistic »

These two Beautiful girls were caught at Cahills Crossing earlier in the year. First by the young bloke (his first metrey) Measured a whopping 124cm. The second was caught by my brother Wal. He came up to visit with his family for a week and after trying all week he hadn't landed a Barra. So with his threats of, if he didn't catch one I'd have to pay for his plane tickets I took him down to Cahills on his last day hopeing for just one fish. We got down there as the tide was just about to start pushing over the road, I handed him my rod as the other wasn't set up. e was in the process of winding the soft plastic back in on his first cast when whack he was on. It didn't seem to put up much of a fight at first, so I called it for an average fish and kept setting up the other rod. All of a sudden I could hear line being peeled from my reel. I turned to see a large bend in the rod and thought poop this is a big girl. Talking him through the fight Wal managed to pull her up before the snags down river and got her back close to him, but she wasn't done yet. Down river again this time with a huge leap out of the water, Wal had a look of shock crossed with shear panic. :shock: To make things worse the screw holding the side plate on my reel had worked itself loose and the plate fell off into the river whilst the big girl was a fare way down river. :bonk: After some advise not to tilt the reel to far over he once again started to gain some line back. She came back a bit easier this time but again she took off. Working her back this time she came to the surface and was quickly netted. Wal was stoked. 8-) Measuring 114cm I still haven't heard the last of the comments about his first ever Barra. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It has to be in the boat to count!
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

Great fish for sure
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

RIPPPPPER BAZ !!!! 8-) :bow: :clap: :clap:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

Awesome first fish, and a great read :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Brad
><((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ...NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Cool report, great fish! :mrgreen: I love that spot, especially at night. Old mate might as well not come up here fishing anymore, he will expect it every time! :grin: And then you will cop it for not being a good guide! :rofl:
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Great looking fish. :clap:

I took my brother in law out 2 years ago, and his first barra was smack dead on a metre, I am still hearing about it every time he calls. :evil:
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

You were the odd one out :uhh: , would of really topped your night if u
got one yourself :mrgreen: . All you can do when your bro hangs
sh*t on ya, is remind him that if it wasnt for yourself he wouldnt of
caught it :catch: .

Top stuff anyways Barralistic, both are very nice fish. Love the challenge
of catching big landbase barra :grin: .

Cheers for the post, better late than never :drinking8:
Image Image
Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bullet »

Nice work barralistic, both solid fish 8-)
I might have to start hitting the east on shift change soon, as it's starting to warm up.

Cheers bullet :mrgreen:
Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!